C-4520 Error Code

B.Vespa

Hello,

I have a KM C-5500 that has given C-4520 error codes occasionally over the last couple of years, but now is begining to give the codes fairly frequently.

It used to happen only late in the day. Any amount of cleaning the sensors, or shut downs, would not bring it back up. Every time this happened, the next morning, the machine would come up and be fine for a week or months.

Lately, the machine has been coding any time of day, every few days or week. The only way the error clears is to open the machine, pull out the fuser and let it cool for an hour and a half, then restart.

This seems to be caused by the heat from the fuser and is happening more frequently. I have a feeling it is a failing board or component.

I am under a service contract with a KM reseller, so we have had the techs in many times. Since we first had the 4520 codes they have repaced the registration sensors, cleaned the lenses, etc. This seems to have the techs stumped.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Bill

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back