blanket packings

richck

Whats the best way to go with regard to blanket packing? An under blanket or packing? Ive never used an under blanket and just wondered what peoples thought were on them.

Re: blanket packings

HI,

Good compressed manilla . Thats all i use for commercial work. Maby if i were running thick board with line work i would use an underblanket, just to help with smashes or caliper change in the material, for commercial work i would guess they would cause a bit more dot gain. they must compress more than manilla under impression.

Paul

What's difference between an underblanket and a regular blanket?

Chalk and cheese!

Underblankets have no surface as such, are usually much thinner and not made of as many layers.

For jobbing work, i would run underblankets, for quality process work, hard manilla or maybe self adhesive polyesters.

Dave

Underblanket vs calibrated kraft paper.

Underblanket vs calibrated kraft paper.

We run spot colours and paperboards but use calibrated kraft paper ( even on the press that specifies an underblanket ). What are the advantanges of presses that have an underblanket and one that doesn't have?

Thanks. :)

Chalk and cheese!

Underblankets have no surface as such, are usually much thinner and not made of as many layers.

For jobbing work, i would run underblankets, for quality process work, hard manilla or maybe self adhesive polyesters.

Dave

I buy a lot of paper packing. I pretty sure it's all we use for web offset. I'll have to ask the crews about the underblankets?
Strange, some plants like the packings long grain, and some use them short grain so the packings don't ride up the blanket. Can cause crack out on plate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back