Book on Wide Format Estimating

Morning Flight

Does anyone know of books or publications on estimating wide format printing? I've checked out the latest Ruggles edition of "Printing Estimating" that supposedly covers digital and click charges, but no mention of wide format.

We've had a number of requests to add wide format to our free Morning Flight Estimating software. Thought I might start here. Thanks.

Hal Heindel
http://www.mymorningflight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2

Attachments

• Forum_PRDAnim.jpg
    Forum_PRDAnim.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hi,
Wide Format is usually estimated and costed on a square footage basis with a "coverage" variable. For instance, heavy coverage will use more ink, therefore cost more to produce. Different devices use different amounts of ink, also, different devices use different numbers of cartridges. The cost of cartridges varies per device. Another variable is the substrate, of which there are a VAST number of choices!

I do not know of a book about this... I have an excel sheet that I used to estimate prices for an HP DesignJet 5500. If it helps, I would be happy to share that with you.

Jeff Lazerus
Regular Guy's experiments in www
jeffATjefflazerus.com

Thanks, Jeff. Appreciate the offer.

We did get the basics from our digital and wide format users. What I was hoping for is a book that covers the most common ink jets so we wouldn't have to go to each individual manufacturer. Guess I'm just looking for the easy way out first.

BTW, I did read your blog. Since I'm into fast cars, that opening shot isn't where I'd like to some day find myself!

Hal Heindel
Morning Flight Lounge - Hal Heindel's Album: My All-American Garage - Picture

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 211

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back