Booklet maker

colirob

Good day. I am currently looking to upgrade our old Omnibinder to a modern booklet maker. I have looked online at Duplo and Morgana. Jobs will be both digi and offset. I like the idea of the square spine as and option because we don't have a perfect binder. Looking in the ball park of $50K. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Colin

Good day. I am currently looking to upgrade our old Omnibinder to a modern booklet maker. I have looked online at Duplo and Morgana. Jobs will be both digi and offset. I like the idea of the square spine as and option because we don't have a perfect binder. Looking in the ball park of $50K. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Colin

Horizon make good machines, though we do have some static related problems with digital work. You should also look at the new Plockmatic machine, that looks impressive (I don't have one, I've just seen it at demos). Almost certainly will be sold as a Morgana machine in the US (Plockmatic bought Morgana). I don't think anyone else makes high end booklet makers in the same class as Horizon/Morgana/Plockmatic/Duplo, but I may be wrong.

You should also consider Watkiss who manufacture a range of quality booklet makers - in particular the PowerSquare which has different configurations for different workflows, and delivers books with a square spine. You could contact Sydney Stone who sell the PowerSquare in Canada.

Horizon make good machines, though we do have some static related problems with digital work. You should also look at the new Plockmatic machine, that looks impressive (I don't have one, I've just seen it at demos). Almost certainly will be sold as a Morgana machine in the US (Plockmatic bought Morgana). I don't think anyone else makes high end booklet makers in the same class as Horizon/Morgana/Plockmatic/Duplo, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at all of the options I think the Morgana 2000s with square fold might be the right direction for me to go. I'm headed to PrintWorld in Toronto in a few weeks so I'll see if there are any other options for me there….maybe get a show "deal".
Thanks for the help,
Colin

Colin, I do not have any experience with the Morgana Booklet maker, but I've had a Morgana Autocreaser for 12 Years and it runs like a charm. We've never had an issue with it. We just installed another Morgana AutoFold that connects behind the Creaser and even though we've only had it for 2 months, it runs fantastic. I believe Morgana is a GREAT brand.
Best of Luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back