booklet proofing - Prinect

chiefy

Registered Users
For those Prinect/Cockpit users out there, anyone ustilising the 'booklet proof' template? I use it to run booklet/dummy mock ups from the layout and it usually works well. I am havinga great deal of trouble at the moment as it fails often and jams up the meta. It seems the double page spread pdf is submitted ok to the meta queue (you can even open this file and print directly to the HP5550 duplex laser) but as the file is managed through colourproof pro and i asume out through the print driver something goes wrong and it fails, usually with a error in device or error in mismatched size. Prinect handles all the sizing, layout and imp settings and should pass it through the meta queues and then onto the windows print spooler. It seems to have problems with jobs that have multi signa parts or perhaps combinations of printing style but its very hit and miss. Once it fails the whole meta jams up and any other devices also jam up and the meta needs to be restarted.

What other double sided proofing options are being used out there?

Impose as Double Pages

Impose as Double Pages

We use the Impose PDF sequence. In the Imposition area select "Entire Layout in One file", "Double Pages" and clip to Imposition Trim Size. Open the pdf and print it on a duplexing laser printer.

I think this will give you the same result but will not go through meta it would be printed out of Acrobat.

print direct

print direct

Yes, this is exactly what we are doing at the moment but its a pain as it adds time and extra steps to a process. When it works its just F12 and choose template and then out comes the proof. As administrator i have more control over how jobs are proofed. Printing directly all the setups change from person to person.
Apparantly EFI who produce Colourproof pro know about the problem but havnt fixed it yet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back