Books on CTP

Dude1

Hi do anyone know good books on CTP?

Im making a school project and are specializing on prepress and CTP.

What I would like to know right now is what type of printing plates are available on the market today, especially for CTP equipment ?

Few Books, Lots of Expertise in the Market

Few Books, Lots of Expertise in the Market

Hi do anyone know good books on CTP?

Im making a school project and are specializing on prepress and CTP.

What I would like to know right now is what type of printing plates are available on the market today, especially for CTP equipment ?

There are two primary types of CTP plates--thermal and UV. Each requires a certain quanta of enegery (thermal energy in the one case and UV light in the other) to achieve a change in state in the emulsion applied to the substrate. Now, the substrates can also vary--high grade aluminum for longer run offset, polyesters for shorter runs and small format. Additionally, regardless of the energy/emulsion type, there are also different degrees of processing required, ranging from chemistry and physical (scrub) processing to water processing to true process-less (ablative--the emulsion is sort of "vaporized") to remove the unwanted emulsion.

What I can recommend...for everyone who would like to read something on graphics...( I don't want it to sound as a commercial for a brand or so) just because
it is so complete...-> The Handbook of Printmedia by Helmut Kipphan. ( ISBN 3-540-67326-1)
I know that it is printed in German and English...& that you can find it somewhere on the Heidelberg website...
It covers the whole range of the printing industry....
But like I wrote before..It is just a proposal.... :)

What I can recommend...for everyone who would like to read something on graphics...( I don't want it to sound as a commercial for a brand or so) just because
it is so complete...-> The Handbook of Printmedia by Helmut Kipphan. ( ISBN 3-540-67326-1)
I know that it is printed in German and English...& that you can find it somewhere on the Heidelberg website...
It covers the whole range of the printing industry....
But like I wrote before..It is just a proposal.... :)

Thank you guys for your answers :). Yes I was trying to find this book, do you know if it is available for free? I tried downloading it from the heidelberg website but it was like 9 pages with the first pages.

Thank you guys for your answers :). Yes I was trying to find this book, do you know if it is available for free? I tried downloading it from the heidelberg website but it was like 9 pages with the first pages.

I have one version of book software, please give your email, I'll advise how to install the Book.

here are some pdf's on the subject hope you find them helpful

jaed

Attachments

• CTP WP 3-10.pdf
    283.4 KB · Views: 872
  • CTP.pdf
    533.6 KB · Views: 234
  • ctpa1.pdf
    376.8 KB · Views: 237
  • CtP-whitepaper.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
  • imaging-17.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 322
Hi.

I do really appreciate if may you can provide me a copy of this book which I never found in amazon.
Thanks in advance.

Give your email or skype contact, I'll share with you.
I don't know what wrong with my firefox when accessing the forum, I can't find the function of attaching files directly to the forum.

Hi.

I do really appreciate if may you can provide me a copy of this book which I never found in amazon.
Thanks in advance.

Hey, you can access Mylan Group's forum to have free download for the Handbook of Print Media, Helmut Kipphan

Handbook of Print Media Technologies and Production Methods

You only need to register to be a member of this forum. It is the forum for the Coop program of Mylan Group.

Hope it is helpful for you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back