Brisque Server Alternative

jun

Hi Everybody,

A friend just purchased an old/2nd hand lotem 800v CtP in Germany. The Brisque server is not running. The memory was damaged. And we can not look for a replacement here in kuwait. The Brisque server is running on win 95.

Is it possible to replace the server to win2003 server? Can Brisque 4.0 can run on this new server?

Any input/comment will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

The Brisque Software doesn't run on Windows, it runs on an IBM AIX platform.
It is the Lotem controller software that runs on windows. In a conventional set-up you will need both Brisque and Lotem controller to output to the Lotem.
Your friend should get some help, it's not exactly a plug and play solution if you don't have all parts required.

The Brisque Software doesn't run on Windows, it runs on an IBM AIX platform.
It is the Lotem controller software that runs on windows. In a conventional set-up you will need both Brisque and Lotem controller to output to the Lotem.
Your friend should get some help, it's not exactly a plug and play solution if you don't have all parts required.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it is an old machine and the distributor here in kuwait is not that cooperative cause it did not came from them.

So the only solution is to fix the IBM AIX platform. Were will I find an old SDRAM ECC memory????

Try these guys WB Systems - wb-systems.at
As suggested you can probably find an old Brisque second hand, but they never seem to be available when you really need them. Once you have the Brisque up and running it is possible to use it as a Tiff shooter if you want to configure it that way.

You can use Kodak Xpo and Prinergy workflow. Ask your Kodak Representative for details. Kodak Xpo can be used with third party workflow or RIP, but it needs additional license.
Good Luck!

Thank you for all those who reply. I will consider PeterW offer.

PeterW I sent you email.

Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back