cable for Avdiag

Avantra 25 with Error 43

Avantra 25 with Error 43

Please, I need help with avantra 25 Offline imagesetter:
while booting it display error 43
With this error the imagesetter don´t put on Line or load film
Original control Panel (OCP) was replaced by a Control panel of a 44 Avantra.
I try download OCP User parameters but the donwload is´n complete (APIS Command failed and Error Location 15).
need I load OCP FlashRom Firmware to avantra 25 offline? can you send me it?
here are the dates
DEC Firmware 6.40
DSP Firmware A6.0C
OCP Firmware(OCP flashRom) 44.24
OCP Download(OCP EEPROM) 1.5
Diagnostic Firmware(C9) 10.16
Correction table 1.01-3
Brig/OLP n/a

Please, send me your help ASAP
Best regards
And what is the mining of these messages.Thanks in advance.

I try download OCP User parameters but the donwload is´n complete (APIS Command failed and Error Location 15).
here are the dates
DEC Firmware 6.40
DSP Firmware A6.0C
Correction table 1.01-3
Brig/OLP n/a

Best regards

Unknown SPI Command= Error 43.
That means: You can't use the OCP of Avantra 44 for Avantra 25. You can't even replace the Flash or download Avantra 25 OCP Firmware or OCP Parameters on Avantra 44 OCP(Display Panel) . You only have to use OCP of Avantra 25 for Avantra 25 and Avantra 44 for Avantra 44 and Avantra 30 for Avantra 30.
You will damage you Avantra 44 Panel(OCP) as well.

Do not Mess the machine up! Are you a Service Engineer or the Machine owner? Contact me if you will need any help.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Really?
So, what's the reason for all Avantra types OCP to have the same part-number in my AGFA Spare parts database?

Last edited:
here are the dates
DEC Firmware 6.40
DSP Firmware A6.0C
Correction table 1.01-3
Brig/OLP n/a

Best regards

I have a Work around for this. Please contact me, I will help you.

Kind Regards,

Farshad F. Shahrestani, E.I.T |Armya Inc
Toronto, Canada

C 1-416-706-5473 | T 1-647-862-2567
Home
[email protected]

Technical Support: armyaservices1 on SKYPE

Rellay! Do you have the updated List? They do not work. If it does , then why do not you help the Guy?

Feb 2009
TX+002525-0570 All models

1. 'cause you stepped forward first, and I have no intention to compete you, Farshad :)
2. 'cause that's a real Professional Service issue and can not be done for free at open forum.

Feb 2009
TX+002525-0570 All models

1. 'cause you stepped forward first, and I have no intention to compete you, Farshad :)
2. 'cause that's a real Professional Service issue and can not be done for free at open forum.

Well. Definitely, we have our own way of support on this forum. You are always right !! No matter what. No competition here! With your number, you will need to indicate the Machine Model. I had issues with this with Mortsel. Now how can we install the same OCP for all 3 types of machines with out upgrading the OCP Firmware and Parameters, but there are still work around on the same OCP with the same Part Number.

CONTROL PANEL 2525-570
CONTROL PANEL 3125-520

Last edited:
From one very old FSB:

The current Operator Control Panel (OCP, p/n 25250520) is being discontinued due to the obsolescence of the LCD display. A new OCP (p/n 31250520) has been released to replace this assembly. There is no functional or mechanical difference between the old and the new OCP.

If an OCP is required for field replacement, order the new OCP, P/N 31250520, which is included in the Field Service Order Kit, P/N 0025250570. The old OCP will no longer be manufactured. If you still have the old OCP in stock, then use them up as required.

That made both of us confused - OCP and that Kit with the OCP had different P/Ns :)

P.S. Sure that OCP needs to be programmed properly for defined Avantra model!
And renequisi nows that since... this week.
And taking in account S, E and XT models we have more than 3 types of imagesetters (and OCP SWs as well).

Last edited:
here are the dates
DEC Firmware 6.40
DSP Firmware A6.0C
Correction table 1.01-3
Brig/OLP n/a

Best regards

Vlad, You are an experienced and Professional Service Engineer. Read through the lines. We experienced this on the field many times:

This I would say there is a problem with OCP. Since you think you have to be paid for your Knowledge and Professional Support, then I wouldn't disclose the reason here. You know why error 43 appears.

Original control Panel
. This is Original We both know this is the cause of Error 43.

(OCP) was replaced by a Control panel of a 44 Avantra.
. According to your statement there is nothing wrong with this.
I try download OCP User parameters but the donwload is´n complete (APIS Command failed and Error Location 15). This is what happens in the field. I know for a fact that he didn't do anything wrong. He was on the right track. The same is going to happen to the Firmware download.

Now you do not need to open up here, but we all have had the same problem in the field. using the same OCP for different machines. Now if he contacts a Supplier, they will have to send him a used OCP from an Avantra 25(and Not 30 or 44) and For New one they will do the same. I will never supply an Avantra 44 Display to an Avantra 25 Customer and ask him to download the firmware or OCP Parameter. I WON"T NEVER EVER, however, I know how to fix the problem. I assume you know how to do this as well, but over 15 years on the field, I found not many do.

Last edited:
I tell you one more time, Farshad - there are NO Avantra 44 or Avantra 25 OCPs !!!
That's the same box for all Avantras.
By default you will get from AGFA/UPS warehouse OCP preprogrammed for Av25 even if you ordered it for Av44. Your task, as FSE, - to reprogramm OCP for Av44.
I'm not an idiot ,and I do not need to be treated that way, Farshad!

I tell you one more time, Farshad - there are NO Avantra 44 or Avantra 25 OCPs !!!
By default you will get from AGFA/UPS warehouse OCP preprogrammed for Av25 even if you ordered it for Av44. Your task, as FSE, - to reprogramm OCP for Av44.

Have you ever tried to down load the firmwares on the field as explained? . Idiot?:confused: I have to be stupid to waste my time writing here.:mad:

Last edited:

Vlad, after your comment, I feel you and I have to have long meeting. How about if we get together. I'd like to buy you a coffee, then we'll go together to download the firmware for an Avantra 30 OCP. We will change that to Avantra 25. Later, we will go out and you will buy me a dinner.:) How does it sound?

Test passed :D

As I always said you are the one ;), I have to write the PPE for P.Eng on August 13, after that I am all set. Would you like to go out for a Coffee? No Avantras, No OCPanels. Well do not tell me NO. We have to come up with a Professional Plan.

Last edited:
Dear Sirs:
thanks for your help and suggestions.
I update the OCP firmware to AV25 and fix the problem.
Best regards.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back