Can a Digital Press produce plates on synthetic media for use on an Offset Press? 

DigitalDude

Can a Digital Press produce plates on synthetic media for use on an Offset Press? I'm looking for specifics on the media, if possible. Experiences, pro's and con's encouraged. Thank you for your time and considered response.

Interesting concept. Being a screen printer, I wonder if you could digitally print a separation and shoot a screen from it? Hmmm....

Separations can be printed for each of the CMYK channels, easy enough. The intent is mount the printed plate on the press for use on a 2 Color 12x18 press.

Am I missing something or are we just talking about normal polyester printing plates that can be ran through a xerographic printer?

They are not great for difficult registration and tend to stretch; they also don't last for long runs but people have made a business using them. Just google Polyester printing plates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back