can i find solution in acrobat for missing image link in illustrator

2mira

Screen shot 2015-05-19 at 4.45.57 PM.jpg
when i open vector file using acrobat the file opened correctly
but
when i open the same file using illustrator the program asked for image link
can i solve this problem using acrobat or plugins (imposing control or infocus programs?

Last edited:
Save as an optimized PDF and select "delete private data of other applications" (or similar wording), then open with Illustrator. This will force Illustrator to use the actual PDF data instead of the Illustrator native data which calls for the link. You might want to use only the elements from that PDF that aren't available/correct when using the Illustrator data, since things can change (especially color spaces) when Illustrator interprets PDF data.

would you plz help me to find where is (delete private data or similar ) by screen shot or other?

In Acrobat, select File > Save As Other... > Optimized PDF.... Uncheck every category except "Discard User Data," and in that category uncheck everything except for "Discard private data of other applications." You might want to make sure the Acrobat version compatibility ("Make compatible with:," a global property for the PDF Optimizer, in the upper-right corner) is set to the highest version also. In older versions of Acrobat, it's found in Advanced > PDF Optimizer....

You'll be prompted to save as a new file. That new file should be stripped of the Illustrator data.

This way is working properly but i see difference in images resolution when i open in illustrator

When I get this, I open the pdf in Photoshop but using the images tab only and selecting the missing ones. I then save these somewhere and use these image files when illustrator asks for the links. They will fall into place at same size and red as pdf

The “problem” is that Illustrator is not a PDF editor:

Prepression: The Ten Commandments of PDF

Use a PDF editing tool such as Enfocus PitStop Pro.

Now that I have that out of way…

Two other options include:

1) Acrobat Pro – Tools/Document Processing/Export All Images (double check the settings)

2) Photoshop – Open the PDF, select the “Images” button (not pages), then open all of the images used in the PDF and save out for linking in Illustrator.

If you are going to use the optimised save, be careful not to recompress or resample.

Stephen Marsh

The “problem” is that Illustrator is not a PDF editor:

Prepression: The Ten Commandments of PDF

Use a PDF editing tool such as Enfocus PitStop Pro.

Now that I have that out of way…

Two other options include:

1) Acrobat Pro – Tools/Document Processing/Export All Images (double check the settings)

2) Photoshop – Open the PDF, select the “Images” button (not pages), then open all of the images used in the PDF and save out for linking in Illustrator.

If you are going to use the optimised save, be careful not to recompress or resample.

Stephen Marsh
if i used the first way ( acrobat pro ) , i must relink images in illustrator manually ?

if i used the first way ( acrobat pro ) , i must relink images in illustrator manually ?

Even better, if you edit the PDF in a PDF editor such as PitStop Pro, then there is no need to extract and link! ;]

Don’t expect a random PDF opened in Illustrator (without the embedded Ai file) to behave as a native Ai file. So yes, if you are going to persist in what you are trying to do, then you will need to link the images up.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back