Can I use Developer as Developer replinisher?

Arsim_Sh

Dear All,
I have made mistake calculating the reserves of Developer and Developer Replinisher for Fuji LP-NV plates.
I have run out of developer replinisher (LP-DRC) but I have lot of Developer (LP-DS)?
I will recieve replinishier next week but I must continue work? Can I use for few days as replinisher fresh Developer??
thanx!

Depends on how many plates you intend to run and the quality expected. In such an emergency situation I would add fresh developer going up to 10 litres per day if necessary to process some 30-40 sqm/day, non-critical, medium quality work, constantly monitoring the pH and dot percentage drifts. I wouldn't do this for the most demanding color work and not for more than 3 days as the developer will eventually degrade.

Dear Maxon,
Thank you for your help. It will take max three day till I get Dev.Replinisher.
But i was surprised that I searched the web, and I couldn't find theme about a difference between Developer and Developer Replinisher, or how development process works... i assume that they are different concentration %? or are totally different chemistry?
best, and thanks!

Dear Arsim,

I have some points sharing with you.

Our customers can use developer (Mylan GSP85 developer) as replenisher (Mylan GSP100 replenisher). Normally, the replenishment rate of GSP100 is 90-110 ml/m2. But they can increase the replenishment rate of GSP90 developer to 150ml/m2 without using GSP100 replenisher. The importance is that we will ask them to follow up the conductivity rate in the processor tank to be stable at 81-83 mS/cm.

Can you base on our procedures to do the same steps (just need changing some parameters of your using brand of developer)?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back