can one Fiery RIP run two printers?

YourCastle

We have a xerox v280 and a v180. Both have RIPs. The one on the v280 is a constant problem. The one on the v180, while older, is not only more reliable, but so much faster!

is it possible to have the full-size tower computer run both printers?

We have a xerox v280 and a v180. Both have RIPs. The one on the v280 is a constant problem. The one on the v180, while older, is not only more reliable, but so much faster!

is it possible to have the full-size tower computer run both printers?
I don't think so. You can use command workstation from any computer but I think each printer has to have it's own server and uses the that server when it rips the files.
I do think sometimes you can pick up full size fieries on ebay though. I've seen them there in the past but I think it still has to be specifically built for your model.

I don't think so. You can use command workstation from any computer but I think each printer has to have it's own server and uses the that server when it rips the files.
I do think sometimes you can pick up full size fieries on ebay though. I've seen them there in the past but I think it still has to be specifically built for your model.
thanks!

I think I know what you mean but I’m not positive if you mean that the tower computer is where command workstation is loaded or if you mean the tower computer is a rip.

If the tower computer is where you have command workstation, then both rips (printers) can be setup to print from that same installation of command workstation. You can add additional servers to command workstation by selecting the + to the right of where your server is listed in CWS. But if the tower computer is a rip, then only one Versant can be controlled by that rip.

If both Versants have the same class rip you shouldn’t see any slowdown of processing. I went from a 80 to a 280 and didn’t see a difference is performance.

tower is a dedicated rip for my v180, super fast (i now realize I was unclear in my OP, sorry!)

v280 was purchased with a commodore 64 RIP ;)

CWS is on my computer for both

my local xerox has spent the last MONTH trying to troubleshoot and repair my v280, they just replaced the motherboard on that rip

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back