Can the KMC6501 fold an 11x17 in half while printing?

CathieH

Hi all.

I'm printing an 11x17 and need it to fold in half. I've told my Creo to do it, but my machine doesn't. Am I missing something, not holding my mouth just right, or does the C6501 not fold 11x17?

Thanks in advance for the info.
CathieH

Out of the four available finishers for that model, the FS-503 Staple Finisher (100 Sheet Stapler) is the only one that doesn't support half-folding.

SD-501 Saddle Stitcher: Half-folds and center-staples up to 50 sheets for 200-page booklet-making ─ with nested half-fold and letter fold, trimming and automatic image shift for perfect gutter alignment.

FD-501 Multi-Folding Unit: Provides 6 folding types, including half fold, gate fold, letter fold-in, letter fold-out, double parallel fold and z-fold plus post-process document insertion and 2/3 hole-punch capability.

FS-607 Staple Finisher: Small-footprint finisher that staples up to 50 sheets, lets you create saddle-stitched booklets of up to 80 pages (20 sheets), and offers tri-fold and half-fold capability.

If you have the option to half fold in your Creo settings (assuming the Creo doesn't think you have a finisher that you don't) then it is most likely a paper weight issue. There is a setting in the Creo during set up that effectively asks how you want it to handle a request for finishing that isn't supported at the weight range you are printing on, and I believe it defaults to spitting out the sheets without finishing it. This behavior would apply to folding a single sheet that is beyond the spec the finisher is capable of (max 209gsm on FD-503 and SD-506, max 135gsm on FS-607) or if you try to output a saddle stitch book that contains too many signatures at a given weight range for the finisher to bind. If it's reasonable enough, just tell the machine it's a lighter weight - this would at least allow you to test the theory.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back