Cannon 7000 and Ricoh c900

Does anyone have either of these two units who would like to share their experiences? Am also interested in the rip choices on the Cannon. Does anyone have a 2100 or 3100?

Thank you,
Connie

I don't think the new Ricoh has been installed domestically yet for any customers.

I also know that there are 4 controller options for the Canon engine (3 levels of Fiery and a Canon controller). I might be able to answer some questions about these if there is anything specific you are curious about.

Connie,
If you are looking at those 2 boxes, do yourself a favor and look at all the mid level production devices so you can make better comparisons.

Canon IP7000VP
Xerox DC7000/8000AP
Ricoh C900 (not sure about the quality, hope it was improved from GraphExpo)
Kodak NexPress M700 (same as Canon 7000)
Kodak NexPress 2500
Konica Minolta 6501 (low end production in my opinion)

If I missed one, just add it in another post please.

Canon 7000VP with EFI 3100 RIP

Canon 7000VP with EFI 3100 RIP

Connie,

We recently replaced an iGen3 with a Canon 7000 with the EFI 3100 RIP and so far we are very pleased. The ability to print solids and flat tints is far superior to anything I've worked with, which is just about all the major presses except the HP/Indigo. Even though it's significantly slower than the iGen, which we had for 5 years, we were able to get the 7000, a Canon 7110 black/white (based on the Kodak Digimaster) and a Canon 7105 for less than we were paying for the iGen. The only thing I miss from the iGen so far is the larger format size, which let us run legal-size jobs 2up.

I am also impressed with the 3100 RIP. The color tools, especially joined to the included spectrophotometer, allow us to easily match Pantone colors. It also does a good job of matching our offset printing using our press's custom profile. The only problems we've had are some weird imposition bugs, usually on variable data jobs.

I agree with Craig as far as taking a look at everything that's available. Each press has its own strengths and weaknesses that might make one a better fit for you than the other.

Dave

Ricoh C900 info

Ricoh C900 info

Disclaimer..I work for Ricoh.:D

That said, I'll try not to sound like I'm pitching here. However the C900 is a very strong box and worth a look. 90ppm up to 305gsm, auto duplexing up to 80lb cover, feeds a wide variety of papers including gloss stock, consistant color, consistant duplex registration, Fiery front-end with graphic arts package, tons of input and output options, clean sheet design using Hitatchi and Ricoh technologies, operator replaceable components and handles up to 13x19.2" stock.

There are a number of US installations already and there's a whole independent group in Ricoh that supports it in the production printing space.

And yes the quality has taken quantum leaps from what was seen at Graph Expo.

Production Printing Business Group

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back