Cannot continue until engine problem is fixed agfa avantra selectset 25

rutezison

When i send a job to the imagesetter,the job cant exciding 4% on interpreter view windows,and nothing on imaging view windows

These are messages from imagesetter

06/25/10 09:28:29 - Cannot continue until engine problem is fixed
06/25/10 09:28:29 - Please check your engine
06/25/10 09:40:42 - There is a problem with the engine
06/25/10 09:40:42 - Message : Output Cassette Core Jam
06/25/10 09:40:42 - Cannot continue until engine problem is fixed
06/25/10 09:40:42 - Please check your engine
06/25/10 09:41:42 - Page 1 : Plane ’Magenta’ started

Engine messages

Engine messages

06/26/10 03:53:19 - Page 1 : Plane ’Magenta’ started
06/26/10 03:55:24 - Failure: a write timeout occurred
06/26/10 03:55:24 - Failed to write to engine, the rest of the plane will be flushed
06/26/10 03:55:24 - Requesting reimage for plane ’Magenta’
06/26/10 03:55:24 - Page 1 : Plane ’Magenta’ ended

Avantra has to feed-advance film at exactly the length of previous page in case of any imaging failure.
Even if you shut down the imagesetter and turn it on again, Avantra still keeps in its memory some info that previous page still remains in the drum.
1. Unwind the film into cassette and load the film again from Avantra OCP (Operator Control Panel).
2. Make "feed and cut film" from OCP.
3. If Avantra OK doing that steps, put the imagesetter on-line and send your job from RIP again.

If the same problem starts over, especially if the first color or page of job has been imaged but next one did not start, that means you have Avantra <--> RIP communication problem,
I mean some signals to move the film for the next plate imaging did not come from RIP to Avantra.

There are 3 possible reasons:
1. Broken wire in the APIS (Avantra-RIP) cable
2. You have a problem at RIP board in PC or MAC or (in the best case) SoftWare driver problem.
3. You have a problem at Avantra mother (DEC) board.

That's all I can tell you, reading your information.
You did not tell us the name of your RIP - that's a mistake!
For the real help to diagnose and to fix the problem ask your local service.

Last edited:
Image Transfer error

Image Transfer error

Beside tutorial,

Please send me an e-mail describing the issue.

What did you do prior for having that error?

I can help you online.

AOA
I am using offline Avantra.
can it upgrade to Online?
If yes, how?
Vlad Plz help
Thanz

You can do it through
1- Unidiag connected to the DEC board......Run Unidiag------Go to engine configuration------enable online processor.

2- Then you have to restart the engine-----------------go to Avantra display panel and in utility menu.......make your Avantra online.

Please note that your processor has to be connected to Avantra Engine for Hardware signaling(ON LINED).

Hope this will help

Best Regards,

Farshad Faghihi | Armya Inc.

C: +1-416-706-5473, T: +1-647-862-2567.

Home, [email protected],

Farshad Faghihi - Canada | LinkedIn

ONLINE REMOTE DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT: armyaservices1 on Free internet calls and cheap phone calls - Skype & Free Video Chat and Video Conferencing from ooVoo

Last edited:
Thanks Farshad for doing my job :D

And HammadSheikh did not tell us the model of Avantra and type of the Processor.
Depending on model he needs a HardWare as: a Bridge or Bridge and Buffer, Bridge Board plus Serial cable with D-SUB 9 and D-SUB-to-RJ45 adapter.

To Farshad and other people who don't care making a difference between posting help messages in the public area vs. private messaging, after much thought and consideration I guess you don't want to actually help people in need. Describing small bits of information extracted from complicated service procedures to a newbie will most probably deepen his sorrow, he's not going to solve his problem because you don't give him an easy fix. Putting tools such tools in the wrong hands only adds to the confusion, be it avdiag or shell or whatever service routine. No, I am not related to Agfa or VladCanada in any way, just speaking my own mind thank you.

To Farshad and other people who don't care making a difference between posting help messages in the public area vs. private messaging, after much thought and consideration I guess you don't want to actually help people in need. Describing small bits of information extracted from complicated service procedures to a newbie will most probably deepen his sorrow, he's not going to solve his problem because you don't give him an easy fix. Putting tools such tools in the wrong hands only adds to the confusion, be it avdiag or shell or whatever service routine. No, I am not related to Agfa or VladCanada in any way, just speaking my own mind thank you.

Dear Maxon, I am very much confused about your comments, but I am also happy that somebody brought this one up. Please note the followings:

1- Instead of privately posting a message, I rather to do it publicly, in case any other members facing the same problem.

2- My intention is to help people to solve their technical issue ONLY. I have always mentioned in my postings that if somebody isn't familiar with the machine or doesn't have the tools shouldn't be touching anything in first place. If my answers are hard to understand for you, it doesn't mean that same will be applied to others.

3- In most of my postings, I have got 100% satisfaction . How ever, ValdCanada is doing an excellent job as well.

4- If you are worried that I and other service people shouldn't be making any money and have to do everything free of charge, you are mistaking. This isn't the Charity foundation, I can do so much on a forum and it is enough for a somebody with little knowledge of the machine to solve the issue. I support my customers with best technical information and lowest Spare Parts cost offered in the market, but in most cases they solve their issues by themself. I am very much proud that people solve their problems. I am very sorry for big companies who treat people like this.

Maxon, I am very surprised to see that you write this, trying to look I and other support people like evil. The evil are the big companies which kick their service engineers, R & D People and sales people out with out any consideration for the years of dedication and hard work that they put forward in order to promote their products. However, I have never been fired from any company. Talk to VALdCANADA he can provide you with updated information.
Hope this will help to make you understand that we aren't enemies, we shouldn't need to post anything here and in the real life the owners have to call their local service provider instead of posting their problems here, but we all know due to high cost of service and support they post their Technical Issues here.

I couldn't find anything in your print planet profile, but if you are working for big companies, kindly have some consideration for your customers. It isn't fair to sell them parts and your services :)ONLY.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Yes, I've never been fired too... just laid off with a reasonable bag of compensations and transfered to another company to continue the same job, or just had a quiet notice that my contract is over :)
No any company is interested in hiring of me, but forum visitors want my help for free.
In case of easy problem solution they get my help for free. Otherwise they have my wizard advice to call Service.
None is interested in the question - How should I survive? :(

And I told (as well) before, that the user without a technical experience of equipment, but having service tools, can be dangerous as a monkey with a fraction grenade in its arm.

Farshad gave the answer with the same level as the level of the question - pretty common and not unfair.
I gave a hint that guy: how many details he missed in his Q.

Last edited:
SIr to be very Honest my avantra model is 25 written model on it front is APS-7/AV25.
and i have offline processor currently running. I have no bridge, no card as you say. SOo plz guide me best for upgrading to online machine. Thanz

SIr to be very Honest my avantra model is 25 written model on it front is APS-7/AV25.
and i have offline processor currently running. I have no bridge, no card as you say. SOo plz guide me best for upgrading to online machine. Thanz

You are VALDCANADA's customer. He is a knowledgeable man with years of experience :)

HammadSheikh, you need on-line processor first, if you use Rapiline-72 off-line processor.
The Bridge Assy and Integration kit are not available at AGFA stock, if YES, the price will be sooo huge, that you will be able to buy another Avantra 25 on-line at the second-hand market :(
You need experienced tech to install the Bridge, to change the machine configuration and so on...

Now... put your breath free and ask yourself:-
"Do I really need such a kind of headache?"
You need a lot of luck to find those used parts from some dead machine on sale for spareparts.

Hope I convinced you.

Last edited:
Dear Valad

Dear Valad

Sir
It mean i have to change my machine.
Sir plz guide me how can i buy best machine of large size from avantra 25 in best price.
In Pakistan sellers charges too much high prices for their profitability.
Plz guide me as your junior bro.
Thanz

Sir
It mean i have to change my machine.
Sir plz guide me how can i buy best machine of large size from avantra 25 in best price.
In Pakistan sellers charges too much high prices for their profitability.
Plz guide me as your junior bro.
Thanz

I have a machine Agfa 25 +Rip+Processor. Price offered$ 8900+ Shipping and handling also an Avantra 44 S+Apogee series3+online long Processor which only used 200 Rolls of films since 99 for $15500CAD+Shipping and Packaging.

Both machines are in an excellent condition. Guaranteed!!!!They are online. You can buy any of these machines and replace it with yours.

Use your old one for spare Parts or sell the Parts to local service providers in Pakistan(Mohammad Adnan or Ali Akbar Khan)[/B, Contact information will be provided] or sell it to the the local customers(There are many Avantras in Pakistan).Some of your Parts can be used for Avantra 30 and Avantra 44 S, E as well(like DEC board, Power Supply)

There are many demands for Parts for Avantra 25 from Pakistan!

You will have an Online machine as well as making profit on the parts. This is the cheapest way to have an online machine!!

Let me know.

[email protected]
Home

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back