Agfa 20/25 processor problem

dummsumm

Hello

Last month i'm trying to solve problem, so here is description. I got Agfa Avantra 25 with OLP and it was working perfectly until recently the equpment was moved to another building. There was a faulty power outlet, it had power on ground contact. The imagesetter was pluged in that outlet, and processor in normal outlet. When communication cable between imagestter and processor connected, the power installation fuse blown, and after checking outlets the fault was found, corrected, and now imagesetter works, but processor shows error message "Error nr 2004H".

I got service manual, it suggests that either temperature sensor is faulty or a/d converter has no power. Qualified electrician checked power supply on CPU board and all voltages are ok. Same message is displayed when all connectors to the processor control box are plugged out. The battery is also ok, it has 3V.

There is control unit inside processor "Glunz og Jensen", electronic type: 0506Y, date: 9724.

Three initial messages on processor power up are:
GI ATB V03 LUTH
GI 30A51 V01R04
120197 9707 0000

After those usual messages, message "Error nr 2004H" displays. When control panel on/off button is pressed, display shows "Motor off" and "Disconnect mains" messages mixed with "Error nr 2004H". Service codes work except for main motor, again mixed with "Error nr 2004H".

I read all other threads, but I didn't find any similar errors or solutions.

So if anyone have any ideas...

1. unplug Temp sensors at DEV and FIX sections... you have to see unstable reading of the DEV Temperature. If you have the 580 Ohm resistor - connect it to DEV temp sensor plug instead of the Temp Sensor and you have to see on the Control Panel DEV temp about 41 degree of Cels.
So you check both sensors, and if 2004H Error still persists that means you have the problem at CPU board.
2004H Errror normally appeares if the Sensor broken and the chemistry penetrated inside the Sensor; If just only the wire broken - you will see unstable T reading on the Control Panel but not 2004 H.
2. MotorOFF means there are no encoder pulses reading when the Main Motor relay K12 powered.
Remove a clear plastic cap off the relay and make the contacts closed (just push the yarn of the relay manually). Does the Motor run? If NOT - the problem is at 24V DC delivery to the Motor. If YES - Main Motor Encoder optocoupler problem.

Last edited:
Problem solved. After checking sensors and voltages, my electrician did last thing, he changed 74hc4051, IC that compares resistance of temp sensores with programed values...
and it works.
Communication problem between imagesetter and processor remains to be solved...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back