Motor Off message Avantra 20/25-OLP

gobostogo

We have SelectSet Avantra 25XT engine with an Avantra 20/25-OLP. The unit was powered down over the weekend and we now have a message "Motor Off" followed by "Disconnect Mains" at the processor. We have not run any jobs yet and the engine seems to be error free.
We have had the imagesetter for couple weeks now and we are somewhat new to the machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 possible things could happened:
1) Motor carbon brushes wornt out and more current that Motor consumes, but current protector circuit shut the mashine off. You can change the Current limit on the Motor Board inside the golden box - put the jumper one-two position for higher Amperes.
But be ready to replace the carbon brushes or the Motor wholly.
2) Optocoupler of the Main motor Encoder does not generate pulses - check the position of that black optocoupler and black slotted disk on the Motor. Loosen screw can cause improper position of the optocoupler. Do not push the optocoupler for deeper position of the slotted disk - reading slot of the optocoupler placed almost on its edge.

Last edited:
VladCanada,

Thanks for the quick response. I have yet to check your suggestions. I was also wondering if the processor
lost its program?

I unplugged it from the wall plugged it back in and got these messages GI ATB V03 LUTH, GI 30A51 V01R04, & 120197 9707 0000. Any thoughts?

Just push off all Racks to minimize Motor load. If Motor runs without racks connected to worm gears - Motor current is too big and Motor is overloaded. Check every rack! may be some physical resistance in some racks caused a problem...

Last edited:
Motor board jumper has been in 4.5 amps position, checked motor with a 12 volt DC battery and it ran
the system with racks in place. I will remove the racks tomorrow when I have a helper and try the processor with less load.

Thanks for all the help.

gobostogo,

GI ATB V03 LUTH means - selftest for Control Panel (ATB - AGFA Terminal Board) microcontroller and EPROM SW Version 03 passed;
GI 30A51 V01R04 means - selftest for CPU board microcontroller and EPROM SW Version 01R04 passed;
120197 9707 0000 - date of version release and control summ OK;
So, your Rapiline passed all internal selftests!

As Vlad said, those messages are all normal.
THEN the display should clear. At this point it should respond to the control panel on/off switch.

There seems to be a lot of Agfa guys here... but I can help too.

Motor off - disconnect mains = binding in the racks
bad motor
optic sensor on motor out of place
"Processor type" (mode 113) set incorrectly in Luth CPU Bd.

Pretty much in order from most to least common. Last one goes to head of the line if the clock is set wrong (check battery on cpu board, probably dead.)

Also the interlock switches can mess with this, particularly on the larger processors (olp 20, 30 and 36, with AV 25, 30 or 44) motor power runs thru the switches per osha, with the second half of the switch signaling "door open" to the cpu. So corroded wiring on an interlock switch could remove motor power without signalling Door Open.

Hi, Thanks for your replies. Our technician finally came and worked
on our processor. The problem was the battery on cpu board died
which he replaced and reprogrammed the cpu board.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back