Canon 7010vp Printing Method

Zev

Hi

I'm working on a Canon 7010vp with CWS 5,
I was wondering whats the right way to print, is it dragging the file in or sending it in, because I see a difference in the color?

Thanks

In Command Workstation, we always import jobs rather than sending a pdf using the driver. We noticed a color difference early on and saw we needed to be consistent.

In Command Workstation, we always import jobs rather than sending a pdf using the driver. We noticed a color difference early on and saw we needed to be consistent.

Are you talk about using CW, going to File>Import Job? I currently just drop PDF's in CW. Does CW handle the PDF's differently by importing rather then dropping them?

When I go to the PDF file and just hit Ctrl P the color is much nicer and brighter, and if I drag it in its different the color is more dull. so I was wondering whats the right way to do it.

Are you talk about using CW, going to File>Import Job? I currently just drop PDF's in CW. Does CW handle the PDF's differently by importing rather then dropping them?

Yes. We have been importing pdfs that way for five years. We tried using the hot folder at first but it wasn't working for us. Believe it or not, we still are using CW4, since shortly after the install, CW5 crashed and we couldn't get it back. Maybe CW5 has improved the ability to drop files -- I don't know. Anyway, CW4 has been tried and true for us.

Yes. We have been importing pdfs that way for five years. We tried using the hot folder at first but it wasn't working for us. Believe it or not, we still are using CW4, since shortly after the install, CW5 crashed and we couldn't get it back. Maybe CW5 has improved the ability to drop files -- I don't know. Anyway, CW4 has been tried and true for us.

The main reason for going to version CWS5.3 is that it allows you to impose ppml files which really shortens the rip time for variable jobs.
What used to take 1/2 hr to rip a postcard mailing, now only takes minutes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back