Canon C1 Imagepress

Keith Bickley

I've just joined the PrintPlanet forums to find out more about the Canon C1 Imagepress.I own a self adhesive label company printing Flexographically and I have been told that this bit of kit will be a useful commercial addition for printing self adhesive labels on sheets and short run digital printing at the top quality end.Is this feasible-is it a commercial proposition?I know very little about the Litho world but would appreciate your comments.

Hi Keith, what kind of volume expectations do you have? The imagePRESS C1 is positioned in the light production-proofing market. As far as toner based engines go, you'll be hard pressed to beat a C1 in terms of output quality. You should search the forum using the product name as the keyword. There are numerous posts talking about this engine. Like any product, it does have it's weaknesses. One is the speed it prints at. A unique feature is the newly introduced clear toner capability on the C1+, which allows for decorative effects or a simulation of a varnish.

Canon USA: Product Details

If your volume is heavy, and you are comfortable in the Flexo world, HP Indigo has some solid roll-fed digital presses as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back