canon c6000, konica 6501, xerox 700

israel_boluda

Good days, my name is israel of madrid españa I do not speak very well the Englishman but one will try to explain good, me gustaria to know your opinion on that type of machine creeis better for a center of digital impression, we work for presses and companies of advertising and marketing, in all kinds of weights but especially in high weights, these serian the machines:
- Canon c6000
- Xerox 700
- Konica minolta 6501
And especially if someone has idea of the price of sale of the canon c6000 or algun similar model (7000, 6000vp, etc.)
Muchisimas thank you and I wait for answers, a greeting.

I would add the Ricoh C720 or C900 to the mix. Among the three you listed, I would drop the 6501 from the other two. It is durable, but I dont think the quality in screen areas is anywhere near the Canon or Xerox. Just my opinion.

the konica 6501 can technically do up to 300GSM weight paper. but will only do up to maybe 230 gsm double sided without manual labor. it very paper specific, you can find the paper guide types list by going to each'es website and digging if you have some specific papers in mind.

the konica 6501 can technically do up to 300GSM weight paper. but will only do up to maybe 230 gsm double sided without manual labor. it very paper specific, you can find the paper guide types list by going to each'es website and digging if you have some specific papers in mind.

I beg to differ, I duplex 256 gsm 13x19 cover all day, as well as 12 pt Carolina without any problems.

c900 no good

c900 no good

the c900 is not a production machine. check other threads here and you'll see tons of problems people are having with it. it is not good for as many impressions as they say. If you plan to use it for production plan to see your tech weekly.

I beg to differ, I duplex 256 gsm 13x19 cover all day, as well as 12 pt Carolina without any problems.

so did I for about a year. after awhile, the stresses of the heavier paper going through the machine with automatic double sided began to wear it down at a faster pace. vinyl gears. though they say it'll do up to 256 gsm, actual results may vary. it is safer to stay away from constant heavier weights in auto duplexing on pretty much any machine in my opinion.
good machine though otherwise.
I recall the Canon C1 only had a much lower auto-duplex to 209 GSM. the c6000 was higher rated for paper weights, but paper type was more specific so couldn't tell you any ratings.
I think the xerox didn't have some of the same inline functions as the others on the list. you might consider the OCE CS650 Pro.
To each his own.

"the c900 is not a production machine"

That is pretty wild assumption. This entire forumis about the problems with every mfg.s products. Three threads on a C900 and it does not meet the criteria. We have tested everything and Canon seems to require the most intensive upkeep. Every tech we have talked to say Canon are great machines but are high maintenance. Guess you can read what you want on this forum.

Thank you very much to all for the information, me it seems that the best machine seems to be the canon c6000, the truth is that I have seen tests of impression and is good enough.
Does someone know all that costs approximately without accessories?
Thank you again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back