CANON C700

BEYOND

Anybody with experience using Canon ImagePress C700. I'm buying a used one to support my old Press Machine. I want to know the ups and downs with this machine before i venture into it. Any suggestions?

We've had a few ImagePress machines and my biggest issue is how they handle grey values. For toner machines we've only run Canon ImagePress so I don't have anything else to compare them to - but for pages with a lot of coverage in certain grey values we don't get the consistent color that we want. Unless it was recently serviced.

I am about 4 years into a C700 and it has been a great machine for us. We primarily run short-run, postcards, business cards, stationery, flyers, and the like on it. It has needed the LEAST service out of all my digital presses over the years. The refreshing of the fuser isn't perfect but works great as far as I am concerned. It has definitely extended the life of the fuser with less shouldering overall. It runs #10's, remits, and catalogs like a champ (I have an envelope kit for it that goes in the bypass drawer). One thing I would be looking for if I were getting a new one would be making sure it has a bypass feeder on if that is an option. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Cheers!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back