Canon Canada trying to pull a fast one

I purchased a Canon C7000 digital press in March of 2008, it was installed and we were trained middle of April 2008. When I purchased this machine, I was given a proposal in writing showing me my costs and ROI numbers over a 5 year period.
Well yesterday I received an invoice for the period of 08/12/12 to 09/03/12. Much to our shock this invoice showed a service price increase of 15% across the board????
I called my account manager immediately and asked what this was all about. He quickly did some back peddling and said I should have received a letter...I pointed out I did not receive any letters saying I was getting a 15% price increase as I would have called him immediately. He said they are doing this to all customers and he could do nothing. I then told him I have the proposal from Canon and in it, it under "Summary Notes" it is clearly written: and I quote
- Service meter charges includes all parts, labour and toner (where applicable). The meter rate is subject to a maximum escalator of 5% per annum.
Yet after 9 months, they arbitrarily raised our service costs by 15% without telling us??? My account manager say's there is something in the final contract that allows them to do this in spite of what is written in their proposal? So I said "Canon says what ever they want in writing to get you to purchase...then screws you??" I told him all the work we have done on the Canon is based on the costing we were given, not with this 15% cost increase...margins are tight enough now we are supposed to lose money? I can't go back to my customers and tell them I'm going to re bill them for the extra 15%
I called a Vice President named John Husband (not sure of the spelling) yesterday asking him to call me to discuss this matter...no return call. I just called him again and left the same message. I'm sure he has received my voice mail and is just avoiding discussing this issue. I will keep calling and posting until he at least responds and discusses this with me, we will not agree to this and we are willing to take this as far as needed to protect our rights and to hold Canon to their "written words".
This is no way to build a business relationship, it is only a way to end one. So if you are planning on any purchases from Canon....well you can make up your own mind on this one. It is a shame because this is an excellent digital press and the service has been excellent, but after this it would be real tough to recommend Canon as a solution as they have become a BIG problem.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back