Canon ImageRunner C5185

Shogall

Hello there

I'm looking for someone who has any experience with this Canon's model in a Professional Graphics Arts Environment
I'm thinking to buy this model with an External Fiery rip

All experiences will be appreciated

Greetings from Costa Rica

We have one and it works just fine. The only problem we've had with it is that occasionally it'll have an error that requires a shutdown. When it comes back online it will print the next 50 pages or so lighter, which is annoying, but then it sorts itself out.

Thank you for your response, how about the quality compare to Docucolor 252, i have 2 252 and i'm thinking to buy an Imagerunner

Thank you for your response, how about the quality compare to Docucolor 252, i have 2 252 and i'm thinking to buy an Imagerunner

I really like our Canon printers (5185, C7000, 7150). My point of reference is the DocuTech/DocuColor (6030?) I ran ~7 years ago. In comparison, the Canon printers have the same IQ, but are not as reliable. Our 7150 has a problem that needs servicing every ~120k clicks while the old DocuTech could go 500-750k clicks between a call.

Thanks and what happen with the thicker stock in a 1k range prints

The last big job I ran on the C7000 was 700 copies of an 12x18 80# 210gsm (both sides coated) and it ran perfectly fine.

We don't run heavier stocks through the 7150 and the 5185...just regular 20# 11x17 & 8.5x11.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back