KM C4070 verse Fujifilm v3100i

BigSi

Let the battle commece:). I know all the usual issues. But lets just assume levels of support are the same. Type of work is the same.

Looking at-

Colour consistency on longish runs (especially solids)
Registration
Speed
Range of stock. thin to thick

Not to worried about finishing options (I tend to offline finish). Not to worried about envelopes (I do these offset ).

I currently run an old v2100. I realise the v3100i and the v2100 are essentially the same machine (except for the long air feed draws). Its just that I have no experience with KM production machines.

I love the the auto alignment system (full width something?) that the fuji machines have. I'm assuming the KM has something similar?.

I know someone who has had a lot of trouble with there v3100i but I'm hoping it's just that it's more of a lemon.

Your input and thoughts are appreciated.

ta Simon

Last edited:
Sorry are you buying new or used for each?
Being I understand the C4070 is current generation but the Fuji/xerox v3100 would be past generation?

The v2100/v3100/v4100 would be a category above the c4070, this would be comparable to the v280.

Hi Pip thanks for this.

The Km would be brand new. The v3100i about 2.5years old. I don't really consider this an issue in It's self as both would be under FSMC. Interesting to know that the C4070 is a level below the Fuji. Which makes sense as the purchase price is almost identical.
Fyi. you can't buy a v3100i brand new in this part of the world now.

Ah ok, is the 4100 available anymore through Xerox or is budget in the criteria? although that should be due for an new update in the next year.
Have you looked at Fuji's Revoria range? They're making their way across the globe now but have no idea on pricing compared to Xerox.

Also are you planning on keeping your 2100?

Last edited:
I don'f know of anyone here (New Zealand) that has purchased a 4100. I suspect not available. Probably out of my price range anyway. Fyi There is no Xerox here (purchased by Fujifilm) The Revoria range is definitely out of my price range.
ta Simon

The new Fujifilm Revoria Sc180/SC170 would be the replacement for the V280 and thus the c4070. and the EC1100 would be replacing the v4100.
I would have thought the pricing needed to match somewhat.

In Europe, and around the world, Fuji have now broke away from Xerox so both offer rival machines in the different sectors. I'm waiting intently to see what Xerox's next range has to offer.

Last edited:
HI Pip. All good to know. Yes keeping my 2100 for as long as I can (just as a back up machine) which is another reason why I should go for the 3100i . Need the output to match as closely as possible.
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to get a FSMC on it for. ta Simon

It was my understanding that the Versant Xerox branded 280 and 4100 were the same as the Fuji branded 180i and 3100i. They all came out about 2.5 years ago, making the 3100i the same as a 2.5 year old 4100.

I have no experience with the KM, so I can’t comment on that. It makes sense to stay with one vendor sometimes, but it also makes sense to have two different vendors since one machine may perform better on certain jobs than the other and vise versa. It seems, at least on this forum, that there's a migration from Xerox to Ricoh maybe worth a look if they're in your area. Tough choices for sure.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back