Casebound PUR perfect binding

davarino

We are looking for a bookbinder who does, among other PUR binding, casebound PUR perfect binding. (Need endpapers, no headbands, but nice.)

Failing that, we'd consider getting into it ourselves.

We are a trade print shop and have a customer "who has a customer" who needs about 500 casebound laminated-cover PUR books bi-monthly and has about 15 times that volume in softcover laminated-cover PUR books.

Not enough to support a bindery, but enough to make a real contribution.

We are in the U.S. western states, and we can see that there are almost no production case-binderies in our area. The ones that are near seem to be high priced and, in spite of that, having problems with craftsmanship (a problem which we never used to see).

Last edited:
I cannot help with finding a bindery, but I did run short run case binding equipment (not tabletop) for several years. There was a lengthy learning curve as we bought used/auction equipment (no training), it was VERY labor intensive, and the equipment wasn't inexpensive. If you have 2 months to produce the 500 books, smaller format machines may do it for you. If your turnaround has to be shorter, you may need more horsepower. I can elaborate if you'd like.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back