Changes not sticking

rande

Hi. I have a PDF that needs changes. having font issue. went into acrobat where the font is seen or ok. I need to take it into Illustrator to make the type changes where it has a problem with this font. I outline the font in acrobat but it doesn't recognize it in Illustrator. I delete all but the check in acrobat but in Illustrator it sees everything. Any ideas? - thx

Wrong section, you need the Adobe section.
A word of warning. Illustrator is not a PDF Editor, fonts are one of the biggest culprits, but there are others.

I have another issue I'm just not getting after hours. I need to add bleed but it seems to go so far into the page to mirror it, it looks bad. Any tricks to help with that? A set up that would take a 1/16 or less and slide the image, maybe? or any other tricks or videos to help us with the global bleed? thx for any input

I have another issue I'm just not getting after hours. I need to add bleed but it seems to go so far into the page to mirror it, it looks bad. Any tricks to help with that? A set up that would take a 1/16 or less and slide the image, maybe? or any other tricks or videos to help us with the global bleed? thx for any input

If you are using the Pitstop add bleed action the number you enter for left, right, top, bottom works if you enter '0' it starts at the trim box. A positive number moves that far into the page from the trim box to start adding the content. A negative number moves that far into the bleed away from the trim box. In the example below it starts adding the content .0625" (1/16") past the trim box in the bleed area.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 2.37.35 PM.jpg

Just to reiterate what Joe said. The value is where the mirror starts from based on the Trim Box.
When we tested we often found objects that did not quite reach the Trim Box, so we added that value.
The one we use in our standard Action Lists comes very slightly into the Trim Box to resolve anything that might happen due to rounding differences.

In most cases you should be able to edit the text in Acrobat Pro. If you outline the text it will not be editable with any software as it is no longer a font. You could outline and open in illustrator but the only changes you could make are the colour and the size.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back