Choice of machine Xeros V180, Ricoh 5310, or which other? C7200?

KISER

Hello,
We are a printing company that is thinking of changing equipment and we are between Xeros V180, Ricoh 5310, but we do not rule out going for the 7200 ricoh if it is really worth it. Which one do you recommend in terms of quality, reliability? Best regards. We have also heard good impressions about the Fujifilm, what would be the competitor of these?

The Fujifilm and Xerox are exactly the same machines with different labels on them. I'll give you the usual feedback that you'll get in this forum with these "this or that machine?" type posts:

All of the machines produce a great image, at relatively the same speed, with most of the same finishing options, and each have their own little quirks/issues. Each person on here will tell you their preferred brand.

Service is going to be the biggest factor. Which company can truly offer that fastest response time, with multiple well-trained techs in your area, and a warehouse of parts and supplies to get you up and running the quickest? Sometimes a dealer offers better support than going direct-channel depending on the territory. Ideally, you should do an in-person demo with your own files, on your own paper with each of them. This will allow you to see what sort of support and staff you'll be working with, along with getting a feel for how the workflow on each machine works, and which quality you like best. This will also allow you to have bids on the price of the machine and cost of service to allow you to negotiate with your preferred vendor.

I'd echo what jwheeler says about service being the most important factor in your buying decision. Fujifilm is still building out their service organization in North American and Xerox is having issues, particularly with Versants. The Ricoh 7xxx series seems well regarded.

Thanks!!! We are in Europe, but this forum has a great community and we often browse the comments about the teams. It's funny that Fuji and Xerox are basically the same, and that Fuji seems to be showing great advances.

Thanks!!! We are in Europe, but this forum has a great community and we often browse the comments about the teams. It's funny that Fuji and Xerox are basically the same, and that Fuji seems to be showing great advances.
Fuji has made Xerox's machines for years. Now, the exact same machines are being sold by Sharp which was announced earlier this year. People are calling them "Sharpox".

Whether you get a 7200 or 5310 is more of a volume question. What are you going to run on that every month?

We run all of our in house print on a 7210, had it a little over 2 years. Over 2 million (mostly 13x19) impressions, runs great, does everything we need with very little downtime compared to other (km and Xerox) equipment I’ve had in the past.

Keep an eye on Drupa releases before making any decisions. Ask around to your fellow printers in Spain and see how the service is, each of the vendors should be able to give you local references, if they can't I would take them off my list.

As for the 5300 vs 7200, the 7200 series wins hands down for serviceability, the 5300 is a single door and everything is crammed in there. The 7200 series is a double door and can be worked on much easier by the operator for most maintenance tasks.

If you’re looking to bring in a used or reconditioned machine I see why you may consider a Versant 180. It would be baffling if Xerox were trying to place a new Versant 180 unless you’re looking at the Fuji Xerox branded 180i. The 180i is the same as the current Xerox Versant 280. If you’re getting quotes for a new Xerox branded 180, I would say it better be a deal of a lifetime.

I’m sure you’ve seen mentioned on this site that the Versant has issues with coated stock. I would have no problem recommending a Versant 180i or 280 if the overwhelming majority of your work is on uncoated stock.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back