CI print sequence

ar17

commissioning our CI press, and will use cmykogv. any suggestion on printing sequence... we have units and will use the cmykogv printing process, will it be possible to do KCMY-ogv as print sequence for reverse printing. thanks

I assume this is a wide web flexo, with common/central impression cylinder (CIC)?
How many print decks, 10?
If reverse print, you need opaque white down last.

I assume this is a wide web flexo, with common/central impression cylinder (CIC)?
How many print decks, 10?
If reverse print, you need opaque white down last.
yes 10. wide web CI... yes that white on last. how about consitency for recommended sequence for ecg printing? thanks

CIC should take care of any register fit issues.
Inter-deck drying should take care of any trapping (dry) issues.
If inks have good transparency, then sequence/rotation/order shouldn't matter much.
Are you always going to be in ECG (CMYKOGV) or will you be going in/out, Process to Spots?
What is the ink hose distance and volume from 5 gal plastic pale/bucket on floor to closed doctor blade chamber?
My suggestion/recommendation will be practical for ink waste/color wash time/effort.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back