Clear Ink Tips for Xerox C70

Hi - I’m trying to troubleshoot printing clear ink on dark stock. I tested it on black Neenah Touche and Plike last year and both turned out great. I tried again last week and the clear ink looks really white and flakey. Even the metallic gold doesn’t look as good. Can anyone give any tips to help troubleshoot?

Attaching a photo of the test prints on Touche. Left side is the newer unsuccessful test. Right side is the successful run done last year. File, paper and Printer all the same.

Thanks!

Attachments

• F59FBAAE-C7E8-46A7-8A00-C4264073F0C6.jpeg
    F59FBAAE-C7E8-46A7-8A00-C4264073F0C6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi - I’m trying to troubleshoot printing clear ink on dark stock. I tested it on black Neenah Touche and Plike last year and both turned out great. I tried again last week and the clear ink looks really white and flakey. Even the metallic gold doesn’t look as good. Can anyone give any tips to help troubleshoot?

Attaching a photo of the test prints on Touche. Left side is the newer unsuccessful test. Right side is the successful run done last year. File, paper and Printer all the same.

Thanks!
Looks like fuser temp is too low.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back