clogged line

colirob

I have, what I think, is a clogged line in my Epson 9600 proofing printer. I have youtube'd cleaning but all it shows is how to clean the heads with windex. I can see the light cyan ink in the lines flowing back and forth when I move the print head but it doesn't seem to want to come out when printing. There is definitely air in the line and I wonder if that is the issue. Is there a way to charge the lines?
Cheers,
Colin

I have, what I think, is a clogged line in my Epson 9600 proofing printer. I have youtube'd cleaning but all it shows is how to clean the heads with windex. I can see the light cyan ink in the lines flowing back and forth when I move the print head but it doesn't seem to want to come out when printing. There is definitely air in the line and I wonder if that is the issue. Is there a way to charge the lines?
Cheers,
Colin
What does EPSON have to say about it?

Al

What does EPSON have to say about it?

My guess is they would say buy a new printer. :)

I think there is a specific command you can do to fill the lines but I can't remember how to get into the maintenance menu and do it. I think the best way to fill the lines is to do several power cleans. I'd start with one and see if the bubble is moving.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back