CMYK and SPOT Color

yes, it can.. just turn on overprint preview and you are going to be able to see channel by channel.

Marcelo

Most certainly. I think there are 14 (I seem to recall hearing there were 14, but unconfirmed) color spaces that work in PDF.

why sure you can !

why sure you can !

Can a page of PDF can have both CMYK and SPOT Color Images?.

Yes, and in fact, many files made for packaging have images and spot colors, but I am suspecting that what you meant to ask is "can we have a PDF that has a a combination of spot colors & CMYK in a single image" - - yes ?

example ?

--> http://support.composeusa.com/webfiles/22935_Porsche.pdf

You can do this in Adobe Photoshop - but it is fussy - look at slides 70 - 75

Keynote jahn ccl2011_luxor

a few Software applications that offer this are ;

COLOR-LOGIC Special Effects for Print

Specialcolor - Worldwide distributors and implementers of color separation and color correction tools

www.opaltone.com

hope this helps !

Yeah, most times when you see a printed piece with Metallic color, that has to be done with a fifth ink. That's probably the most common example of a printed file with CMYK + spot.

Spot color separations are common in packaging

Spot color separations are common in packaging

Yeah, most times when you see a printed piece with Metallic color, that has to be done with a fifth ink. That's probably the most common example of a printed file with CMYK + spot.

I am not sure I agree that this is the most common example - Metallic color with CMYK is not really all that common.

If you go into any grochery store and view a box of cereal, a box of crackers or most any package that has a picture of food, you will see that more often than not that image is made from spot colors, not CMYK.

Next time you shop, bring a loupe.

I think you might also be surprised when you look at the dots on most images on a can of Campbell's soup - stochastic screening.

metal can be found in the strangest places

metal can be found in the strangest places

Ah, well there you go - I only shop for metallic cereal.

I have a metal plate in my head, so I had to give up metal cereal. But I do have a Meet-Meme.com card that was printed using Color-Logic.com

Michael Jahn's blog

check out the animations at the link above

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back