CMYK Colors in Photoshop not Matching PDF Export

yanger

I'm sure it's just a setting I've forgotten, as I thought I did this once and it was working quite good.

Troubleshooting some issues on our color machine, I decided to test some halftones to see what was wrong. oddly, the breakdown formula used in Photoshop when exported to PDF and opened in Adobe Acrobat, differ.

attached pdfs for your reviews.

thanks!

Attachments

• Binder1.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 210
What versions of Photoshop and Acrobat? And is the pdf exported from Photoshop, or from another application?

That pdf is evidently showing screen captures. It may serve your purpose of showing us what you see in each of your applications, but it is not a file we can test in any meaningful way. If you want us to try to reproduce the problem and try to provide an explanation, you should post a 72 dpi version of the Photoshop file compressed.

Al

Last edited:
awesome! figured it out. when exporting to pdf, I forgot to unclick embed profile. haven't had to play with exporting pdfs for a long time, after reviewing the settings when matt asked about rendering intent, found the problem. thanks!

Embedding the profile should not be an issue by itself (PDF works better with colour management) - did you happen to change the Simulation Profile or Output Intent Profile in the Output Preview window when viewing the separation info?

Stephen Marsh

Would think it was a problem of profile mismatch. Maybe inside of photoshop where the working space was different than what was in output preview.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back