Coated litho paper on Xerox 7000/8000AP?

lfelton

For those of you actually running a 7000AP or 8000AP (hopefully that's not just Craig, but his input is valued as always :) ), can I ask whether you running standard litho coated stock or the Xerox colotech coated stock? If you're running standard coated stock, how does the machine handle it?

I know that our existing KM6501 handles coated stock beautifully and our X250 just plain doesn't handle it at all in any sensible fashion, but Xerox are being a bit precious about whether a 7000AP will cope with a steady diet of lots of colotech (matt) and lots of (good quality) litho silk and gloss.

Also (sorry, probably should be another thread), are any of you actually running with the ACQS? Are the time savings (quality improvements??) worth the big dollop of extra cash?

Thanks for whatever you can share.

We are running Flo offset stock on our DC5000 and have not had issues, we run book & cover as well as gloss and dull. We have had issues with other offset stocks because of the clay in those. I hope that helps

We had an issue with Nakoosa Gloss coated, seems that stock will eat fusers, to the tune of 30 to 70K for rollers. Changed to Futura/Xerox and haven't had a fuser in almost 3 months.

75% (at least) Xerox stock - Colotech Silk and uncoated.

The other 25% is either other digital approved stock (YES Color Copy etc) or uncoated litho stocks.

This is on a Xerox 5000 Docucolor

Lee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back