Xerox J75 - First Impressions and Review-ette

Hi there, I'm new here,.
We will be opening a print shop here in the Caribbean.
This is the machine that has been suggested to us, so we are thinking of getting it.
Nice to here the response about the machine.
The island is small so our print runs won't be as large as you guys, but the quality will be very important.

Yes that's what I looked at over and over.bthere isn't a digital print press on the island. The closest to colour printing is done by copying machine. Print jobs or should I say professional print jobs are sent to Mims or Trinidad mainly Miami to get printed then shipped back here.
So I'm looking at establishing myself in a new makmarket.

Yes that's what I looked at over and over.bthere isn't a digital print press on the island. The closest to colour printing is done by copying machine. Print jobs or should I say professional print jobs are sent to Mims or Trinidad mainly Miami to get printed then shipped back here.
So I'm looking at establishing myself in a new makmarket.

Getting in over your head would be very depressing. Remember the end goal is making money, not having the fanciest machine. The C75 puts out very good looking prints. Even our picky clients clients are happy with it. We only have 2 very picky clients, that still pay to have short run work printed on the press.

Yea that's what I running from having an expensive machine to pay for. I'm also looking at what I. Can get serviced etc.
Yea the investment is tricky. We've looked at several machines and settle with that one. Maybe we can get one cheaper but what happens when it is time for expansion. On another island this is the machine they use and the guy descri)s it as a boss. I'm looking at targeting clients who does stuff like annual reports, menus posters booklets etc.

Also I would like to get honest opinion on printing. A lot of post I'm seeing here is persons telling newbies like myself not to drink the koolaid. Lol
I'm not going all in. I will still have my 8-4 and do this on the side and fan have someone else assist me with running it.
There is a need for services like this here, cause as I said a lot of the work is done off island. And most printing here is wide format on canvas.

I'll use this thread to ask a question regarding the C75 and J75, as I can't find any documentation regarding print speeds for large sheets. Does anyone have a C75 and J75 and would happen to know how long it takes to run each sheet or per thousand sheets of say 100# Cover Gloss 12x18 4:4 or a comparable size? Just trying to see how much of a difference the J75 makes when doing these large runs.

The person above asked for the 4/4 speed. Seven sheets is for duplexed 4/4. Single sided speed is double that.

Got our J75 and it is running like a CHAMP. Haven't tested everything yet, but I am running well above the 300gsm "limit" at full rated speeds. Ran 3,500 qty 13 x 19" 100# Cover Gloss sheets and ended up a run time average of 3.6 seconds per sheet. DAMN. Only have the machine in my possession since Friday, so am still getting used to it.

I guess to achieve that, you set it the paper to be lighter than the heaviest weight? Is there much color or coverage when you do this?
Got our J75 and it is running like a CHAMP. Haven't tested everything yet, but I am running well above the 300gsm "limit" at full rated speeds. Ran 3,500 qty 13 x 19" 100# Cover Gloss sheets and ended up a run time average of 3.6 seconds per sheet. DAMN. Only have the machine in my possession since Friday, so am still getting used to it.

Well if I am running 350 gsm 16 PT or 324 gsm 120# cover, I set it as 257-300 gsm and it works out great. The machine runs 20# bond and 120# cover at the same speed with the same quality. The machine is only rated to run 300 gsm.

Do you see lower quality running heavy paper at full speed? We were told by Xerox that quality was the trade off for productivity mode.

I haven't seen a quality drop at all. I did runs of 25 sheets on both productivity and standard modes and the only difference was how long it took! Ran a PMS match job today (5,000 sheets) and the machine performed amazingly. I checked every 250 sheets for PMS matching to 208 U (burgundy) and every single sheet looked identical. For digital, I think this machine is ridiculous.

Only thing that concerns me is that the Fiery EX server can only RIP at 1200 DPI, but the print engine is 2400 DPI. Kind of blows, but I'm going to get answers as to why it's locked at 1200 DPI tomorrow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back