Coca-Cola to Launch Paper Bottles

The current prototype consists of a paper shell with a recyclable plastic lining & cap made from 100% recycled PET. However, the company’s ultimate goal is to produce a bottle that can be recycled as paper.
This seems very much like the Elizabeth Holmes/Theranos scandal. Her company kept promising that they will have the innovative blood testing machine, and started signing contracts with big companies. They provided substitute machines that were already on the market to these customers with the 'ultimate goal' of providing the superior blood testing machine. Never happened and now she's in prison. I'm not saying paper bottles will never happen, but doing this trial run with plastic bottles wrapped in paper seems deceptive and a bit of virtue signaling.

I don't know what the big deal is? The problem is plastic. PLASTIC. Bottle it in anything else besides plastic (glass, paper, cardboard, etc.) and, problem solved.

When I was a kid, most beverages either came in glass bottles, or wax-coated paper (cartons). Milk, orange juice, grape juice, apple juice, etc all came in a wax-covered card-stock that we called "cartons". I see no reason why soft-drink companies can't use that old, outdated technology to put their product in those same type of containers.

Glass can be melted down and re-used over and over again. It can also be ground down to a fine silicon "sand" which is currently being used down here in Florida to replace beaches washed away by tropical storms and hurricanes.

I don't know what the big deal is? The problem is plastic. PLASTIC. Bottle it in anything else besides plastic (glass, paper, cardboard, etc.) and, problem solved.

When I was a kid, most beverages either came in glass bottles, or wax-coated paper (cartons). Milk, orange juice, grape juice, apple juice, etc all came in a wax-covered card-stock that we called "cartons". I see no reason why soft-drink companies can't use that old, outdated technology to put their product in those same type of containers.

Glass can be melted down and re-used over and over again. It can also be ground down to a fine silicon "sand" which is currently being used down here in Florida to replace beaches washed away by tropical storms and hurricanes.
I think it's insane that people consume anything with corn syrup of any type in it. Absolutely disgusting.

We’re all gonna die, might as well enjoy things before we do lol.
Nothing cuts the scum in back of your throat on a hot day like Coke (a cola, that is). Cold Beer a close second.
Water hydrates, but doesn't clear the throat of trail dust.

Attachments

• bradscorn.gif
    bradscorn.gif
    305.4 KB · Views: 30
I don't drink bourbon or whiskey.

"Oh, you find this thing degenerate? Would it please you to know that it is also an ingredient in this other degenerate thing?"
Since you don't drink, you're excused, but.. FYI Bourbon is corn whisky. Scotch is malt whisky. Both are whiskies. (Malt being a grain)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back