Cockpit on Lion?

zoran

While I am sure official support for Lion is coming at a later date from Heidelberg, has anyone actually tested to see if cockpit runs on Lion without major issues?
If you tested, please post your experience.
We are getting soon new Mac which is preloaded with Lion so I have to make a decision to downgrade it to Snow Leopard or to leave it with Lion.

Thanks

My understanding is that Cockpit needs Rosetta to run on Snow Leopard, Leopard and Lion. Lion does not include or support Rosetta. I asked a technician who specializes in implementations about this the other day and I couldn't even get a confirmation that testing was being done internally.

Cockpit and Lion

Cockpit and Lion

This was from Jeff at HUS a few months ago when I asked the same question.

-----------------
Hi All,
We found a couple of manual changes from the automatic install:

After Cockpit installation, the Mac cannot establish any SMB connection. Solution: We configure the /etc/hostconfig with a HOSTNAME=... line during Cockpit installation - this line will cause trouble with Lion. Just remove this line from the /etc/hostconfig file and everything is fine again.

Java is not installed. No problem: If you are connected to the internet, the download starts automatically after starting the Cockpit installation. Or just open a Terminal before starting the Cockpit installation and type in "java -version", and the download starts.

If a firewall message box appears and asks you if the Cockpit is allowed to accept incoming connections, it is a good idea to allow the network access.

That's what we've found so far. Official Cockpit support for Lion will be with Prinect 2011 Service Release 1.

Jeff

Sounds promising.
I'll report back when I get the machine if and how it is working.
Thanks for input.

Marko, that was awesome info, I had to remove that entry otherwise cockpit would not lunch.
I've got my new iMac with Lion and so far everything runs great.
There is annoying popup when lunching Signa "You can't open the application PrinectSignaStationLaunch.exe because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" but I just dismiss it and it appears to work just fine, despite the message.
So far so good, love the speed of the new iMac and screen size 27" :)

If I run into more issues I will report back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-31 at 7.19.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-31 at 7.19.07 AM.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 184
Hi Cockpit it´s not realese for run in Lion amybe until next year at Drupa whit the new version of Prepress Manager, if you use Lion and Cockpit you can expect some corrupted files and some times need to make imposition again or copy the wor in a new one.

Thanks graphik681 for warning.
Are corrupted files from your experience?
Could it be related to something else and not cockpit and Lion?
do you know of any other users with similar corruption?
Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back