Color Accuracy

gordo

305%20Color%20Accuracy_zpsbf9yfjcg.jpg

Or even better if you have a only one digital press

"Oh, so the machine is really high quality? What will it cost to have your machine print it in a lower quality?"

Hey Gordo love the cartoon.

I have a question concerning matching PMS colors on our Vutec HS100. Many times we get in a Litho sample from one of our sister plants that we are told to match as close as possible to the litho printed sheet (solid PMS colors). My question is this. Is there a inexpensive swatch test software that can be used? I worked for another Large Format printer that had a Colorgate rip witch had a cool swatch testing function. Our EFI rip i am told will not do a swatch test.

Thanks DYP. Was just informed by our EFI rep that if we upgrade to 6.3 we can do swatch tests

Remember colour keys, printed on clear acetate? It was imperative to keep those out of the customer's hands.

I sometimes yearn for the days of the darkroom and color keys and 1 or 2 color presses running process . . . those were the daze my friend

I sometimes yearn for the days of the darkroom and color keys and 1 or 2 color presses running process . . . those were the daze my friend

To get color accuracy back then you had to put spit between the proof's color key sheets. No kidding.

I remembeer . . . and then it was still a crap shoot . . . next time I see you ask me about red red red purple purple purple blue blue blue - a funny story but too long to write down.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back