Color Weirdness

lnivin

We have a PDF processed through Prinergy that on the original and the refined PDF the text is 70% black knocking out of a yellow background (2% magenta, 10% yellow).

On the 2400dpi VPS the text is a 4-color black with lots of cyan.

Has anyone seen this before and where is the cyan coming from?

Appreciate any feedback.

The 70% black type is gaining cyan because ColorConvert/Match Color is turned on. If we turn it off, the 70% black type stays 70% black.

But, photos change color dramatically.

I welcome any ideas on a good solution.

Thank you.

And are any of you using the "Retain CMYK Black" button? It seems to keep the type color stable, but the photo changes drastically.

color weirdness

color weirdness

So much of this depends upon your entire color workflow. We also use Prinergy and although its color management engine leaves a few things to be desired, it works relatively well. However, we color manage everything prior to Prinergy and allow Prinergy to CM only what might slip through the cracks. I might be able to help you one on one. Call or write.
As I'm new to this forum, not sure if you can see my contact info.

To color match but avoid wierdness

To color match but avoid wierdness

Hi,

You could have a look at other color matching solutions. I say that since many of the output systems as the one you have are not that advanced as stand alone solutions. Most output solutions have support for device link profiles and more but the subject is more advanced than that.
There are several on the market. GMG, binuscan CMS Server, Alwan etc.
Some are better than others. Some have dynamic device link handling: which make life even more simply for the users and their clients.
The most successful solutions I have seen is a combination of a quite common pdf preflight system and one of the solutions mentioned above.
With a solutions as mentioned you will not have a wierd color in your text and good images.
Good luck.

Andreas

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back