Colors Looking Washed Out - Xerox J75

jpfulton248

Photos on my J75 are looking washed out. Normally we don't use it to print photos so it's just something I've lived with (mostly line art and text with small pictures). I'm working on one specific file right now and it looks fine on my computer but it just looks washed out when I print. Any tips besides color calibration?

This literally could be 100's of things but I will try to help you check off the biggest offenders:

What type of file are you sending to the Fiery?
How was the file created?
Is the image RGB or CMYK?
What is the intended or imbedded colorspace for the images?
How are you sending the file to the Fiery, printer driver or hotfolder? Switch to hotfolder
What are your color settings on the Fiery?
If you print the Fiery test image does it look correct or washed out?

Different machine but.... we were having the same issue on our 800. Pulling our hair out for days before we discovered it was a fuser issue. If all else fails.... do a full fuser service. You'll want to make sure the mob sensor is clean as well.

Different machine but.... we were having the same issue on our 800. Pulling our hair out for days before we discovered it was a fuser issue. If all else fails.... do a full fuser service. You'll want to make sure the mob sensor is clean as well.

J75 has a brief case fuser unlike the 800. No fuser maintenance needed.

No Title

This literally could be 100's of things but I will try to help you check off the biggest offenders:

What type of file are you sending to the Fiery?
How was the file created?
Is the image RGB or CMYK?
What is the intended or imbedded colorspace for the images?
How are you sending the file to the Fiery, printer driver or hotfolder? Switch to hotfolder
What are your color settings on the Fiery?
If you print the Fiery test image does it look correct or washed out?

-The file is a PDF

-The file is an InDesign file that contains a PSD file that I created using some existing art.

-For the images, the indesign file and the resultant pdf file, I'm using an icc profile that I saved from the color profile we are using on the J75.

-I go to Fiery Workstation and then drag and drop the file into the hold queue or sometimes I will print from acrobat to a print driver I have set up that sends to the hold queue. Once in the hold queue I go to Fiery workstation and configure settings as desired.

-Screenshots of color settings included below

-Is there a way to choose which tray the fiery test page gets printed to?

Attachments

• photo6165.jpg
    photo6165.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 201
  • photo6166.jpg
    photo6166.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 252
  • photo6167.jpg
    photo6167.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 231
-The file is a PDF

Ok good

-The file is an InDesign file that contains a PSD file that I created using some existing art.

-For the images, the indesign file and the resultant pdf file, I'm using an icc profile that I saved from the color profile we are using on the J75.

I would not do this, let the RIP do the conversion. Build your color in a standard color space like Adobe RGB and GRACoL.

-I go to Fiery Workstation and then drag and drop the file into the hold queue or sometimes I will print from acrobat to a print driver I have set up that sends to the hold queue. Once in the hold queue I go to Fiery workstation and configure settings as desired.

I would import from through Fiery as you described and avoid the print driver. Unless you are aware of all your driver settings and Acrobat print settings.

-Screenshots of color settings included below

I would change your CMYK rendering to Relative.

-Is there a way to choose which tray the fiery test page gets printed to?

I think that is queue dependent.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll try switching to GRACoL and Adobe RGB... For the fiery color settings should I then change the "CMYK source" from ISO Coated FOGRA39L to GRACoL? Also, I'm not seeing a place where I would change CMYK rendering to Relative, do you mean switch processing method to "Full (Output GCR)"?

I printed the PANTONE color chart from the Fiery and it looks just fine.

Yes to all of your questions. You're in the US so GRACoL or SWOP would be recommended over any FORGRA settings.

Okay, so I just ran through all of this and I'm not really noticing a difference. Question:

When exporting to pdf from indesign... This is how I have my color conversion settings. Please tell me if I need to adjust:

Color Conversion: Convert to Destination (Preserve Numbers)
Destination: Gracol
Profile Inclusion: Don't Include

Change
Color conversion: No Color Conversion.
Profile Inclusion: to Include RGB and Tagged Source CMYK

Hi there good day all
I'm pretty much having the same issue
plus when it comes to printing black my prints comes out like they are not fused properly
especially the further out one goes

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back