ColorTune trouble

RVNG

Hi Folks,
I am trying to install ColorTune 4 on a Mac running 10.4.11. I imagine this must be yesteryear software to others but it is all I have, anyway...

I have installed the dongle but the original ColorTune disks won’t work. However, I have found a resource disc I burned long ago with folder labeled ColorTune 4.2 Pro Update 1.

There is an App called “ColorTune Profile” in that folder that doesn’t have an installer but can launch from the disc. The problem starts when I go to copy it into the Applications folder on the Tiger machine, I get a warning – “The alais 'Headers' cannot be copied to the destination, perhaps because the destination does not support this type of alias.”

Does anyone know how to install/copy the app on to my Tiger machine?
or Does anyone have a proper Colortune 4.2 installer?

Thanks,
RG

Attached is a screen shot of what's on my original CD, create a folder named "Color Tune" in the Applications folder of your mac and copy all 4 folders from the cd into it. After installing the dongle driver, try to launch the application which is located in the "ColorTune" folder of the "ColorTune 4.2 Pro Update1". I run it from an Intel Mac Pro with 10.4.11. It won't work (from what I tested) in 10.5 or 10.6

Good luck.

Attachments

• CD icon.jpg
    CD icon.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 162
Thanks Colorblind,

My folders are different from your screen shot but luckily I was able to Show Package Contents and extract a folder that had a App I could download to my Tiger box. Everthing seems to be working

Thanks for your help.
RG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back