Colourproof XL.. RIP V4.1 info wanted

hi i have a epson 7800 printer i have never use a rip before and i have been offered Colourproof XL.. RIP V4.1 for £70 would this be good for a epson 7800 as i have no idea about rip software also i can get EFI Colourproof XF version 3.0 for £250 is the above prices any good any info would be good

Can you get a second copy of XF v3 for the same price? I'd be interested in getting it as well.

EFI Colorproof

EFI Colorproof

Hi artoncanvas,

I would say that you´re going to install one of the best RIP at the market. In order to use the plotter with good results, you will need to linearize and optimize profiles in order to achieve maximum quality. Check to see if this software has Color Manager Plug-ín included, or only the LinTool feature (basic) These plugin could be the difference between an ordinary print and an ISO certified proof.

Let me know if you need more information about it.

Alert!

Alert!

I am a EFI reseller, and never heard CPXFv4.1 can be £70; you had better verify your dongle# and license# w/ your local EFI dealer. If you're getting a cracked version, it's quite possible that it won't do auto updating as orignal users enjoy not to mention upgrade or tech support.

If you have verify the software's authenticity, then congratulations!

The advice I would have is to go for EFI's Proofing paper itself for best delta-E on both CMYK and Pantone.

If you're using 3rd party paper, you have to be extremely pro in order to tweak the epl/icc to match the original EFI proofing paper.

Ultrachrome K3 ink as compare to K3V2 and latest HDR ink has minor shortage for color gamut as pointed out by GMG, you'll need high grade paper in order to enjoy the best delta-E as x880 and x900 printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back