Combine instead of splitting - Prinergy Evo

SlRlUS

Hello all,
i've got the following problem: Having a PDF with 14 signatures double sided (front/back for each signature) results in 28 PDFs (one per Signature / per side) after refining to PDF within Kodak Prinergy Evo 5.1.6.11 System. What I need is 14 PDFs having both front and back included. I'm running through the "Normalize" settings, fooling around with Spread Splitting but can't find a solution. Anyone?

Best Regards,
Patrick

Last edited:
If you have a PDF with 28 pages, the result of refine that PDF with default parameters is 28 PDFs.
If you has generated the PDF with Preps, you can split file printing divided output by signatures. The result es 14 PDFs with front/back for each signature.

Best Regards,
Nacho

As far as i understood we are using here "DynaStrip" and not Preps. Anway, we were able to get 14 PDFs, representing each separation with its fronts and backs. However, PrintLink will give me two ppf files (with setting "one file per sheet") and the signature number is increasing for every surface without having an back indentifier either in the file name (1B for example) nor having the CIP3BeginBack within the headder of the ppf file:
...1A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 1 Front ın realıty
2A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 1 Back ın realıty
3A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 2 Front ın realıty
4A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 2 Back ın realıty
5A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 3 Front ın realıty
6A.CMYK.ppf = Sig 3 Back ın realıty

Is it for sure an imposition issue caused by DynaStrip?

Another strange thing: When i open one of the 14 source PDF created by DynaStrip on the bottom of Acrobat Reader you can see the numbering of the pages. Its saying "1F:1" on the fırst page (representıng the front sıde) and "1B:2" on the 2nd (representıng the back sıde) where the fırst part of the page-numberıng would be perfect but ıs not beeıng used anywhere else when ıt comes to create the ppf fıle (of cause %sıgnature% ıs part of the ppf namıng settıng) :confused:

Last edited:
Sorry, I don´t know Dynastrip. But I suppose that it must work similar for what I could have seen in the web. I can say to you that I would do in Preps in order that you look for a similar functioning.
I have a Job PDF->PDF with input PDF files and a template selected for the imposition. As a result we have 14 signatures with front and back surfaces (your job in Dynastrip).
I will print to PDF output selecting the option that permit split file printing divided output by signatures. As a result if we have a job named "imposition" we will obtain:
imposition1.pdf
imposition2.pdf
imposition14.pdf
Every file will have 2 pages (A and B surfaces).
Another option is printing divided output by surfaces. The result is:
imposition1A.pdf
imposition1B.pdf
imposition2A.pdf
imposition2B.pdf
imposition14A.pdf
imposition14B.pdf
We will have 28 PDFs. In this case, there is no problem with Printlink since the result PPFs have the name of PDF source.
Also you can use the Printlink config file .txt for personalize some options that you need.
There is Printlink.txt file that you can find in Printlink folder inside PrintEvoConfig sharedfolder.

I do already have 14 PDFs with front and back included in each. However, PrintLink gives me just Front PPFs. %surface% outputs A only and within the header all you can find is "CIP3BeginFront" but no "CIP3BeginBack".

Do you have the possibility to send a JDF or PJTF instead of PDF?
I in Prinergy have used JDF the majority of times. Probably the workflow with PDFs has some limitations in certain cases, but with Dynastrip I cannot help you. The only thing that I can suggest you is that you try to send JDFs to Prinergy. The JDF contains all the information of since the pages are going to be mounted and this is in what you are interested to solve the problem with the CIP3. Hereby Printlink also will interpret correctly this information.
I hope to be able to help. Good luck.

Nacho

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back