Command _I_Preview in Acrobat XI

amybest222

Why are my spot color previews "black" instead of the color recipe? Very odd.. As far as I can see (via Pitstop and CC indd Apps my libraries are loaded?) Also my color settings are sycronized in bridge.. and advice would be appreciated. :D

Why are my spot color previews "black" instead of the color recipe? Very odd.. As far as I can see (via Pitstop and CC indd Apps my libraries are loaded?) Also my color settings are sycronized in bridge.. and advice would be appreciated. :D

That sounds like an old bug. Are you sure you are current with the 11.0.4 update for Acrobat XI?

I don't have CC, but in earlier versions of InD, perhaps in Acrobat, it is a setting whether or not single spot color previews are in color or black, with the default being black. It makes it easier to see any tints. Check for the ink manager options, I am searching to find where to change that , if possible, in Acrobat.

It does not seem to be optional in Acrobat 10, single spot colors previewed in Output Preview will appear black. The point sample will reveal the actual color in the dialog window.

If you have it "show" the process colors, even if there are none in the file, then the spot color previews in color.

Link to relevant page at Adobe Help. Adobe Acrobat X Pro * Preview color separations

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back