Computer doesn't recognize i1iO scan table

hkellogg

I am using a X-Rite i1iO for color management and noticed that when I connect the scan table, I the Eye one match software doesn’t recognize the device as connected. I check the power source and the external USB cables and they were fine. The small green light is on where the power cable connects up with the table and the electrostatic portion of the table works but it still doesn’t recognize the USB connection when the head is in place to read printed targets.

I did connect the device for calibrating the monitor and that works fine.

I am using this with a 24” iMac and running 10.6.2

Does anyone have experience with this type of problem?

Thanks

Hans

Make sure you are plugging into a powered USB port.
Also, make sure there are no other applications running such as ProfileMaker or ColorPicker that may be picking up the Eye1. Only one application at a time can see the Eye1

Hans,

Are you really using an iO table and Eye-One Match?

If you are, my first suggestion would be to call the salesperson who sold you the table and chew him/her out royally for not steering you to spend that money on professional-grade profile-making software instead.

However, that said, yes, I've had this type of problem pretty repeatedly over the years with different devices and different versions of different software. If you--as tommrz suggested--have made sure you don't have any other applications open that might be seeing the iOne, then it's possible it could be a glitch involving Eye-One Match and your operating system. I'd make sure you have the latest version of both.

(Edited to add: Also to emphasize what tommrz said: Do not trust a USB hub--powered or otherwise. Plug the iOne directly into one of the slots on the back of your iMac.)

Mike Adams
Correct Color

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back