Concentric screening profile

gordo

I'm looking for an ICC profile of Concentric screening of presswork done at 175 lpi. If you have such a profile I would appreciate hearing from you.

Contact me at pritchardgordon @ gmail (dot) com

Thanks muchly!

gordon p

I'm looking for an ICC profile of Concentric screening of presswork done at 175 lpi. If you have such a profile I would appreciate hearing from you.

Contact me at pritchardgordon @ gmail (dot) com

Anybody using this screening? I'd love to see a profile.

thanks, gordon p

Gordon, I can send you one at 250 lpi if you are interested.

Tim

That would be great if you could send it to me at pritchardgordon (@ ) gmail (dot) com

That being said, running a conventional screen at 250 lpi will increase its gamut somewhat so if you have a profile of conventional AM/XM screening at 250 lpi I'd appreciate that as well.

I'm still looking for a profile at 175 lpi. because that's somewhat of a standard frequency and easy to get a profile of.

(I've contacted Esko but so far no response :-(

best, gordon p

Gordo,

Who did you contact at Esko? When it comes to the concentric they really push you to go higher than 175 so I think you might have trouble finding a 175 profile.

JL

We currently run 175# concentric on self adhesive vinyl (200 on normal White label papers).

No icc profiles available though. Was calibrated using PressSync.

Sorry, not much use but it was just to let people know that concentric is used at lower screenings for certain stocks.

Kristian

Gordo,

Who did you contact at Esko? When it comes to the concentric they really push you to go higher than 175 so I think you might have trouble finding a 175 profile.

JL

Luke Kedziora as I was under the impression that he was the go-to guy for the screening. I'm looking for 175 lpi because I want to try and compare apples to apples.

However if some one has a higher lpi profile with Concentric and conventional at the same lpi - that could work also.

best, gordon

Try contacting Mark Samworth, he is one of their professional service consultants for them. He is quite helpful and probably has profiles etc...

If I remember correctly. Mark is the one who came up with the screening patterns for Artwork-Systems

Thanks all for the Mark Samworth @ Esko contact info. I've since been in touch with him and, very strangely, he does not have a profile for Concentric that he can share. Also, he does not have a profile for a conventional AM screen at standard densities and halftone frequencies - i.e. 175 lpi - GRACoL #1 to compare with the same print condition but using Concentric screening. And, just as strange, it appears that no forum member has such profiles either.

However, he promised that sometime this Fall a GRACoL print condition profile using Concentric will be published.

best, gordon p

Hey Gordo, its probably because with concentric we use something called presssync that has all of the profiles embedded into a rip. You should ask him about this, I think you would be very interested in it. Its pretty different then what anybody else is doing with curves.

@ jeffkin15
During the development of Staccato screening when I worked at Creo/Kodak, one of the first things that we did as part of due diligence in product development was to conduct press tests to validate performance that would be the foundation for any marketing claims. One of the first tests involved color gamut differences since it had a clear impact on customer experiences with the product. Here's one example of how useful that type of information is to printers/customers:
Quality In Print: AM and FM gamuts compared - part 1 of 2
I'm just surprised that over the past 5 or so years since the release of Concentric that this sort of basic data is not available either from Esko or its customers (at least those who participate in this forum). So, because I do get questions about it through my blog and in the absence of that information coming from vendors or customers, I tried as best as I could to better understand this screening technology using Esko's published materials. My observations are posted here:
http://qualityinprint.blogspot.com/2010/09/esko-concentric-screening-some.html

best, gordon p

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back