connecting a CtF

RBA2000

I am struggling with connecting a CtF (Agfa Accuset 1000) on a new iMac model 12,1.
Because of adding a CtP system (not only replacing) we thought it would be a smart thing to do to keep the Agfa for a short time (who knows how it al will work in the beginning of the CtP period and maybe it’s needed for a longer time to keep creating films)
But know the old Power Mac that runs the Viper is not visible on the network.
And throwing away the old Mac brings a lot of new problems, I guess.
On the new systems you don’t have SCSI and AppleTalk for example.
So, how can I keep using the Agfa Accuset 1000.
Any one an idea?

We are using a Agfa Accuset 1000 with a Agfa Viper 1.5.1 (CPSI version 2013.114 revision 7)
On a Power Macintosh with Mac OS N1-8.1 (PowerPC 604c op 180 Mhz)
The new computers are: iMac models 12,1 with Mac OS versie 10.6.8.
Regards,
Ray.

Wow, PowerPC 604 . . . that brings back memories. Anyway definitely keep the old mac, I can't imagine you can run without it. Did you have any macs running os x before you got the new imac and could they see the OS8 box? And can the os8 machine see anything else on the newtork?

Old but..

Old but..

He kansasquaker

Yeah, an oldie but a … and that’s the problem.
In the Mac OS N1-8.1 (PowerPC 604c op 180 Mhz) I can’t see any other computer on the network.
The only older iMac G5, Powermac 12.1 op 2,1 GHz) and running Mac OS version 10.4.11 can see de PowerPC.
So it’s a bit a weird cable situation.

How it’s possible to configure the PowerPC 604c to work with the new iMac models 12,1 with Mac OS versie 10.6.8. is for me a riddle!
But better would be to remove the oldie but a.. PowerPC 604c and try to connecting it to one of the newer models.

Greeting, Ray.

The problem you are having is this, the newer OS 10.6 no longer supports Appletalk. To use this computer you can reload any OS version before , ie 10.5 or 10.4.11 . That will then make your IMac be able to see the older power Mac on the network as long as Appletalk is turned on for all computers on the network . I recently got a Mac pro and had to scrap the 10.6 OS and go back to 10.5 to use this machine on the network. Good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back