Considering Oris Works

c.mason

We are printing offset and using Heidelberg MetaDimension 10.0.1 Workflow Prinect P and using Heidelberg Colorproof Pro & Color Toolbox for color calibration. Our Digital Print location using the Xerox iGen4 has adopted Oris Works and Oris Works has been suggested for use here at this location.

I am looking for feedback whether good or bad concerning Oris Works.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.

What are your expectations?

What are your expectations?

It might be an idea to set some goals or expectations so people understand what you are trying to achieve and can then comment on suitability.

It's a bit like asking people what they think of a car, without knowing if you want to use it to go shopping or racing...

OK - Thank you for your suggestion.

Our management is looking to match our iGen4 4CP to our offset presses 4CP and have both shops pursue G7 certification. Has anyone tried something similar??

Does anyone who has used Heidelberg Colorproof Pro & Color Toolbox have experience comparing their color calibration results using Oris Works??

Last edited:
The solution works great

The solution works great

We've been using ORIS to match between proofing, iGen4 and our offset presses for well over a year now. We are able to maintain our iGen4 well under 2.5 dE and the iGen4 remains stable for about two weeks before having to do a new color match. Our clients are very happy with the match and with the ORIS proof, we do not need to do any proofing off of the iGen.

I'd be more than happy to speak with you in greater detail if you'd like.

Mike

Mike,
Thank you for your reply. Please take no offense, but your 2.5dE seems quite far from 1.5dE as required to meet G7 specs. Do you think your iGen4 is capable of 1.5dE??

Mike,
Thank you for your reply. Please take no offense, but your 2.5dE seems quite far from 1.5dE as required to meet G7 specs. Do you think your iGen4 is capable of 1.5dE??

Belay my last, just heard from our color guy and our tolerance is 2.0. However, the iGen4 is capable of being well below 1.5 dE and when we do a new color match, it's at about 1 dE. To keep it at or below would require a new color match once a week and our clients just don't require that tight of a tolerance.

Not sure... When Heidelberg was doing our initial color calibration during the setup of our workflow, our first press sheet measures 2.2dE. We eventually got it down to 1.8dE. We print our 4C on a two color press in two passes. With that drawback in mind, we were very pleased with 1.8dE. To my recollection, we were told that if we achieved 1.5 dE, we could be certified G7.

I have my doubts whether a G7 certification would be a deciding factor to our existing or perspective clients.

I have heard from some other shops that they have their proofs G7 certified (so they can stamp their proofs w/ G7). Then they are able to advertise that they are G7 certified, but they don't even bother to get their pressroom certified.

Feel free to straighten me out if I am getting it wrong. G7 is something I have no practical experience with...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back