Best Synthetic Paper for Ricoh Pro C7200S?

risstps

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are well.

This is my first post in here, and I just would like to introduce myself. I'm Larissa and I work for my parents print shop! We have a Ricoh Pro C7200S, and printing on synthetic has been nothing but an issue. Currently, we use PressSense, (12X18 .015 White Matte/Matte Digital Dry Toner) and there are constant quality issues (smeared toner, spots, the list goes on). I have to always print overs on my jobs due to the quality, and as we are aware synthetic is not the cheapest. I have tried raising the fuser temperature, but the paper begins to curl bad (assuming its from the heat). I am not quite sure if the press cannot handle 15mil or if its the brand. Thank you in advance for your help.

Assuming you have the Master paper library loaded you could search on Synthetic stocks there and see what brands are referenced in the results.

You could also check with your local Ricoh engineer (aka Fiery trainer) and they should be able to help you out. Send me an email if you don't know who that is (assuming you got your printer from Ricoh Direct).

I don't have a Ricoh, but we run Nekoosa Synaps on our Canon and it always prints extremely well. The only issues I have with it are static, but otherwise I've never needed even needed to make stock adjustments.

✅Another vote for Nekoosa Synaps
How much do you guys charge for this stuff?

I'm running 12 x 18" 11 mil and 14 mil and I get the weirdest feedback from clients on what other printers are charging and it's really making me scratch my head how you other guys account for misprints etc.

Konica here - we run Synaps XM. Try running the stock at a lighter gsm setting. Synthetics can suffer from higher static and some can absorb heat more efficiently than a comparable paper stock. I recall that I used to run 14-15pt synthetic on a 70lb text setting to avoid issues.

I keep buying Synaps because it runs well every time and it runs at the actual gsm setting. No need to lie to the press.

Regarding cost - no, it's not cheap.

I have been in prniting a very long time, synthetic paper has always caused me issues due to static build up.

I think my point is... be patient and know that it causes problems for other printers too. My solution is... patience. Discharging the static from the paper before, during and after is what I focus on.

How much do you guys charge for this stuff?

I'm running 12 x 18" 11 mil and 14 mil and I get the weirdest feedback from clients on what other printers are charging and it's really making me scratch my head how you other guys account for misprints etc.
Our estimating software (PrintShopPro) allows us to specify the markup for individual stocks as opposed to a general markup applied to all. Since the stock is so expensive, we mark it up 25% less than other stocks in our library. From there, it's treated like any other job in regards to imposition, printing and finishing. We do strongly suggest to our clients that the stock should be round-cornered because the corners are so sharp after getting cut down.

It is expensive, but in our case, it replaced the need to laminate, which was already quite expensive, and much slower/more labor.

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are well.

This is my first post in here, and I just would like to introduce myself. I'm Larissa and I work for my parents print shop! We have a Ricoh Pro C7200S, and printing on synthetic has been nothing but an issue. Currently, we use PressSense, (12X18 .015 White Matte/Matte Digital Dry Toner) and there are constant quality issues (smeared toner, spots, the list goes on). I have to always print overs on my jobs due to the quality, and as we are aware synthetic is not the cheapest. I have tried raising the fuser temperature, but the paper begins to curl bad (assuming its from the heat). I am not quite sure if the press cannot handle 15mil or if its the brand. Thank you in advance for your help.
We use revlar from relyco on our konica and have not had issues once we found that correct paper weight to set it as.

Another vote for Synaps. We print the 14mil, we don't have static issues before we print, but always have plenty of static after. We have a Ricoh 7210x. I don't run it on the synthetic setting however. I tell it that it is running glossy coated - works like a charm.

We do strongly suggest to our clients that the stock should be round-cornered because the corners are so sharp after getting cut down.
Agreed. We also round-corner the stock by default due to the sharp corners. We also suggest Synaps instead of laminating as it cuts our workload and provides a more professional finished piece.

@PricelineNegotiator Synthetics are one sector where you likely won't get anyone to post their pricing on a public forum. Why not just contact paper vendors for stock price and apply your standard markups, then revise as you assess the challenges and time you need to go through at your shop to run it?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back