continues feed

pjinc

Hi guys,

Whats this continues feed stuff about? what applications can we run on them i understand that these machines can give high speed, can i get some jobs from offset domian.

Please share your views and experience.

pj

Think they're mainly for very long run direct mail and transpromo. Kodak have also been promoting one of theirs for doing ultra short run newspaper printing.

There may also be some advantages in format size, as far as I know all sheet fed digital is SRA3 (or B3 for iGen) whereas web-fed machines such as a Xeikon can run a larger format size.

I've seen some of the Xerox webs at the demo centre and it looked like the operators were having a right hassle getting them running.

Rgds.
J

their biggest application will be newspapers, but it's a bit difficult to sell the service. Books will soon be printed on continuos feed only, but with newspapers it's a bit difficult to find a selling point against offset.

Nobody thought offset would be replaced for books, but it has, not on initial printing cost, but on post printing costs for publishers, book warehouses and even retailers.

You can't imagine the areas where you find you can cut on costs with a continuos feed system. The ideea is that anyone can add a cost/click, cost of paper operational margin and profit margin. But, the more "gifted" around us, find different areas where they can cut down on costs, during workflow, post printing, layout arrangement etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back