Continuous to cut sheet handling

Starops

Hi Forum,

I would like to get some ideas on how to handle extra large cut sheet reports. I run a corporate print room that currently puts out reports from continuous forms printers, so all the pages are inheretly connected, but we are looking to switch to cut sheet printers. 90% of the reports can be stapled by the printer, but I will still have some 500-1,000 page reports and even some 10,000 pagers. These will print on either letter or ledger standard paper and probably only account for 100,000 pages a week in around 100 reports.

My quandary is knowing what to do with these large report without supplying the user a giant stack of loose sheets. Unfortunately, being daily or weekly reports they literally get trashed when a new version is delivered, so binding seems a waste. Is using pre-punched paper and folders really the most effective way?

Thanks for the input.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back